PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts for the summer

Danimal8199
05-29-2008, 03:31 PM
It seems like its about that time of year where we will not be getting anymore cold fronts...

What is everyones thoughts on the wind this summer?

Last summer was a bust, I got tired of chasing sucker wind and only got to ride about 3 times from June until September...

Danny

t_twotone
05-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Maybe I'll hit the cable park. I at least need to learn a backroll.

inferno
05-29-2008, 05:06 PM
i have a 40 dollar gift card for the cable park if anyone wants it for 25 bucks... i dont have any use for it....
-danny
or ill trade it for some pads/straps.....

conchxpress
05-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Where are the closest cable parks to Tampa? I heard a rumor that they were going to build one in Clearwater. Any confirmations?

conchxpress
05-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Now that we are approaching the Windless Summer, where does one go for wind, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Just starting to get my groove on and don't think I can wait till Fall.

jim
05-29-2008, 06:46 PM
hatteras is pretty cheap and often windy in summer

toby wilson
05-29-2008, 07:46 PM
I second Hatteras, I'll be there from July 4th - July 12th...

inferno
05-29-2008, 08:00 PM
toby, clear out your inbox....
how much for the straps? are they new?
thanx

jim
05-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Toby-We will be in Hatteras the same week. Its been pretty good the last few years at that time. We are renting a house in Buxton.

amber
05-29-2008, 10:02 PM
a couple years ago we spent a lot of time wakeboarding out by Ft. Desoto. Steve Sadler coined some kickin' moves including his patented "Brokeback Mountain" and "Rusty Trombone".

I've got a full cooler if someone else has a boat and some gas money!

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/amp1504/DSC01626.jpghttp://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/amp1504/DSC01680-1.jpghttp://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/amp1504/DSC01703.jpg

TBKA
05-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Do I smell another Shell camping expedition before it gets too hot?
Those signature moves are now only used in competition.
I really wish I could find those pics of u know who right now...

bryanleighty
05-30-2008, 09:51 AM
The Gorge. period.

check southwest.com

Fly from Tampa to Portland Oregon .. 200$ each way (CHEAP!!!!)..

choose the flight with 1 stop.. this flies to Albequerque NM but you do not have to change flights.. just lands, unloads, reloads and you stay on the plane.. plus you get to move up front .. bonus.

Hood river is 1 hour from portland. Rent a car, stop by walmart and buy a cheap tent and 10 dollar inflatable mattress. camp 5 miles from one of the best summer launches in the USA.. if you want to keep the tent, mail it back to yourself UPS.

if you have coin, get a cheap hotel in the vicinity.

If wind does not cooperate on a day or two of your trip (or you are seriously worn out from 5 days straight riding in 25+ conditions as I was last year) you are 1 hour from one of the best cities in the USA.

Hatteras and its downwinders are truly amazing..but nothing compares to hitting those smooth, huge swells at the Gorge. up, up and away!!

I was there for 2 weeks last year and had 1 day that I got skunked. Other days I took off due to exhaustion and visiting some local family.

BigR
05-30-2008, 10:37 AM
The Gorge. period.

check southwest.com

Fly from Tampa to Portland Oregon .. 200$ each way (CHEAP!!!!)..

choose the flight with 1 stop.. this flies to Albequerque NM but you do not have to change flights.. just lands, unloads, reloads and you stay on the plane.. plus you get to move up front .. bonus.

Hood river is 1 hour from portland. Rent a car, stop by walmart and buy a cheap tent and 10 dollar inflatable mattress. camp 5 miles from one of the best summer launches in the USA.. if you want to keep the tent, mail it back to yourself UPS.

if you have coin, get a cheap hotel in the vicinity.

If wind does not cooperate on a day or two of your trip (or you are seriously worn out from 5 days straight riding in 25+ conditions as I was last year) you are 1 hour from one of the best cities in the USA.

Hatteras and its downwinders are truly amazing..but nothing compares to hitting those smooth, huge swells at the Gorge. up, up and away!!

HAAAAA!

Too Late!

WE already have our tickets booked to go to the Gorge first two weeks of July!

watch out, the gorge games are july 17-23 or so, it'll be a total zoo!

toby wilson
05-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Dude,

I'm not looking for much and yes they are new.

Just want to hook up my local bro...

Call me 941-400-2696, we'll make a fair trade/sale...

Toby

toby, clear out your inbox....
how much for the straps? are they new?
thanx

toby wilson
05-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Toby-We will be in Hatteras the same week. Its been pretty good the last few years at that time. We are renting a house in Buxton.

SWEET!!!! We'll have to hook up then. I'll be in Waves about 2-3 blocks north of the DQ and Barton's launch at the H.I.S.S. We can hook up with Dimitri Maramenides and Chris Cousins from Eclipse and ride the best spots...