PDA

View Full Version : Light Wind "Mach-spleene"

Kitespear813
05-26-2008, 09:12 AM
I Just finished this board, Hopefully it will be my new light wind machine, 143x43, Not as nice as toms, but i'm getting there.

Tom Stock
05-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Nice!! More details please... could you PM me some closeups?

Rocker table? Cast rails? I noticed the gloss too, very nice! We should get together sometime and swap some ideas!

great work, would like to ride it sometime!

Kitespear813
05-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Tom,
Thanks man,
143x43 Slight rocker(maybe 1/2-3/4") h-80, 1/4 cast rails, half bag 2 step to rocker table, 7.5mm stainless inserts, 3-6oz on bottom 2-6oz on top with a precured 6oz-4oz topsheet, I tried shaped the core to emulate the flex patterns of the spleene session.( ie stffer in the mid and flexi at the fins.) rails are also soft in the middle and harder past the straps. This was my first attempt with the topsheet process, and though I can say it was better than without, I had some issues, Mainly pinholes that lead to bleed thru when it was glued to the layup.(i used peelply....), Considering how this one started it turned out pretty good, I put the Inserts on the bottom!?!, And took your advice on how to fix them...worked like a charm. I will email some up close pics when I get a chance, I am headed to the windiest place on earth this week Eagle nest, NM
Should Be Fun.
Sean