PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Tried the 2008 Liquid Force Havoc 2 yet??

Todd RT
05-24-2008, 07:12 AM
I've heard great things, but curious if anyone here has tried one.

I'm comparing to a Cabrinha SB3, and a 2008 Best Waroo.

Any input would be appreciated!!

Etch44
05-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Both my kites are 2008 Havocs. I love them. I've tried Cabrinha, Best, Ocean Rodeo, and Slingshot, and still prefer this one. It's a great all-around kite.. good range, easy to control and keep in the air. I also prefer the Liquid Force bar with the movable stopper and the cleat system for power/depower. They do need to work on the release.. I haven't needed it yet, but keep it lubricated and it should be fine.

At 150lbs, I can use the 8m in 18+ and the 12m in as little as 10 knots with a light wind board. Hope this helps.

Todd RT
05-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks bro... been hearin' good things on this kite, just never riden a hybrid. Only bow kites.

I may try one if I get some other positive responses, anyone else?

b-rad
06-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Hi Todd,

I love them...I have been on them for a while now (year) and yes I sell and promote LF but I tell you the truth, they are great.

They jump, loop, relaunch easy, have light bar preassure and the best bar for unhooking for sure...

I have all sizes new and demo...I would be happy to send you some to try out or you can demo some anytime down here in Islamorada...

brad@sevensports.com / 305-853-KITE

Ride On.

Brad

Todd RT
06-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the response bro...

I actually got my 14M Havoc 2 about 3 weeks ago. What an awesome ride!

It's a 14M and is as fast as a Switchblade 2 9m!

Boosting, rolls, etc were pretty effortless. And I tell ya' what... I've never riden my 16M SB2 so fast as on this 14M in 15mph!

b-rad
06-08-2008, 10:06 PM
no...it's not a heavy kite at all...very responsive...glad you like it!!! I try not to talk about them too much...I just hand over the kite and watch them come back all smiles...