PDA

View Full Version : Triple S Countdown

Steve-O
05-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Just a little over a week left until the Triple S.

Gabe, Chad, and myself are headed up to the Cape for a week to remember.

I plan to bring digital cameras and digital video to catch all the action and put something together upon my return.

We are staying right on the sound next to Real so we shouldn't miss a beat.

Stay tuned!!!!

Steve-O
05-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Were heading to Hatteras Friday. Forecast looks pretty sick for the weekend. Should be a great opening day for the event with wind forecasted to be over 35+ from the SW. SW winds are great for the slick right outside of Real.

We will try to bring you coverage of the whole event.

Next post will be Saturday night.

Danimal8199
06-03-2008, 06:05 PM
whats up with the triple S updates?

Hows it going up there Steve-O?

Danny

Steve-O
06-03-2008, 09:08 PM
The Triple S is going off. A must do trip for any kiteboarder.

Our trip up went well, but was long as expected. The ride was entertaining however as Billy Parker needed a ride up. That boy has some energy.

Saturday started with a nice session at Kitty Hawk Kites. A bit gusty but it was nice to get wet and get some of the trip grime off. We later drove down to our rental house and imediately started to sesh in the Real Slick with winds getting to around 35knots. It was honkin. Many of the pros were out and throwing down. There are still some moves I couldn't even begin to disect. Gabe has some really neat video while he was riding and hitting sliders. Funny stuff. His huge boost and fall with camera in hand is a classic and we hope to put on YouTube.

Billy Parker made a statement the first night IMO and showed everyone he was coming to play. He rode past dark and through down infront of Real and the entire Red Bull party. Dimitri joined as well, but all the other riders were dry, eating, and drinking. Billy was gettin it in some big winds. It made us all proud.

Sunday was another great day of winds but it was mostly in the am. We got out before all of the pros and had the slick all to ourselves. It picked up again in the afternoon and everyone was out in full force. By the end of the night we were all shot.

Monday started light and we all met up at the beach to sesh a little waves in the surf.....but Doug from Kitty Hawk wanted to join us and we set up a nice downwinder in the Atlantic. It was solid 10M and was so fun, we decided to do the run again. Hungry and exhausted it didn't matter. The pros spent the afternoon doing a sesh at Kite Point with a kicker in hand. Gabe and Chad spent some time watching and some guys were killin it and some were complaing about the wind. Aaron Hadlow was the top complainer. Interesting.

Today was a no wind day, but there was some nice swell in the water. Real was gracious enough to hook us up with 3 stand ups and 1 long board and Shaggy joined us for a nice clean surf sesh. The Stand Up's were so much fun we rode from 11-5. Tracy Kraft, a professional photographer, joined us and the girl can surf. The water temp was nice enough where we didn't have to wear wetsuits. Nice!

Tomorrow should be the day as another round of SW winds are on tap for the next three days. The slider park should be in full swing with the riders ready to throw down. We have been taking lots of pics and video. Will share when we get home.

amber
06-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Billy has made dusk sessions a trademark of his own. You'll often see him driving up to the beach at the end of the day when everyone else is getting off the water. I'd be happy to post your pics if you'd like Steve-O. Gabe is admittedly computer illiterate when it comes to that stuff. http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/amp1504/bill.jpg

C. Moore
06-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Videos off youtube

Day 1
iMtJ8REznik

Day 2
iPmp43XBfrI

Day3
iZRVHKCJDi8

Alex
06-05-2008, 07:50 PM
day 2 vid, 2:21 after hadlow

its me...holla

amber
06-05-2008, 08:14 PM
sick. Alex- I thought i saw you on the slider on the day 3 video too? Congrats... looks like you're having an awesome time. Was there a camera on some sort of trapeze line that was moving alongside that shallow slider? I'd do anything to have the equipment/knowledge that those photographers have. Play hard and good luck!

Steve-O
06-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Alex is on the scene. It is cool that they let other guys sesh with the pros. Alex is well on his way.

Wednesday was another great day of SW winds. The Triple S decided to do a downwinder and then sesh the Planet of the Apes flat. Guys were going super huge. Hadlow was throwin some kiteloops that were scary to watch.

Later that evening, another slider sesh infront of Real to a beautiful sunset. Billy broke his wakeboard, so he decided to use a wakeskate instead. Only guy out there with one that I could see. Winds were solid with most on 6-9m kites. Dre from Cabrinha chose a 6m and he was lit.

Today I was a bit tired and slept in, Chad came down with some bug, and Gabe hit the slick early am....like 7. After his sesh we jumped in the truck and headed to Frisco to sesh some waves on the south side. Winds were starting to back down but was doable with a 10-12M kite. This was the only session I felt comfortable joining in and I had a ton of fun. Some of the waves were head high on the outside but overall it was choppy. Reminded me of the Gulf in some ways.

The event ends tomorrow and it doesn't look like there will be any good wind on tap....but who knows.....it is the outer banks.

Side note: I-Kite-surf is extrememly accurate up here.

Danimal8199
06-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the update Steve-O.

Does it blow up there like that all summer?

Steve-O
06-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Podcast sounds fun!!!!

It's pretty windy there for most of the summer. You should expect 4 rideable days a week up there....expect more and you may be disappointed. We got lucky with 2 days on 8M, 2 on 10M, 2 on 12M, with 1 no wind day.

I think we might make this an annual trip.....there is no opportunity like this to see, ride, and hang with the best riders in the world. It takes a bit getting used to hanging in line with Dre at the convenience store.....or sitting at breakfast next to Ruben and Aaron. It is all a bit sureal actually. My favorite pic is with Susi May at the beach. Nice!

There are tons of huge homes to rent up there on the sound that have pools, hot tubs, and 1st class accomodations. It is really nice to just ride in, land your kite, and jump in the pool and/or hot tub.....grab a bite and a drink....and go back out and ride.

I will let you know what I am thinking for next year....but I have a feeling some you might want to come along next time.

Will work on some pics and video this week.

Amber....may need your help.

TBKA
06-08-2008, 06:26 AM
Podcasts rock.
Scott, did you know the webmaster added video with Billy and Tiff on the association site?
That guys rocks too.
www.tbka.org (http://www.tbka.org)

TBKA
06-08-2008, 06:40 AM
Man, now there's even a writeup on the Florida Boarder Pre-Party at the Undertow, with pics in the gallery!
I should log on more often....

Does that webmaster ever sleep?
must be all the smileys.....
www.tbka.org (http://www.tbka.org)

TBKA
06-08-2008, 08:58 AM
That Homegrown Band video was sick! Their sound is great and the interview clips are short and sweet. I am definitely looking forward to seeing them again soon.
Nice find Scotty!

amber
06-11-2008, 12:41 AM
steve-o,
call me if I can help you with any of your photo needs. I am useless with video at this point in time but Scott seems to be less clueless than me. :) If you want to just give me your pics, I can help edit and then post them in a gallery for you. Lemme know. I'm not working right now so I can even bring my computer up to the shop and we can work on it if you're slow...
813-454-9005