PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse&FullThrottle

eclipsedave
05-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Eclipse team riders+FullThrottle energy drink will be in Tampa at Crabbybills 7700 w courtney campbell causway look for the new kites on the water

toby wilson
05-21-2008, 10:14 PM
:) :)

amber
05-21-2008, 11:27 PM
not sure if any of you care but eclipse is having a contest and they are giving away a few '09 kites. The best part is that it doesn't require being a great rider. There are three contests...
1. Most unique graphical concept for a kite: Some like our graphics others dont, but we really want everyone to love them in 2009 so your ideas will help.
2. Most innovative new feature for the kite or control bar:
3. Coolest kite Bag concept.

If E-Bone is still around, I think he could come up with a cool bone bag and that would kick ass. ha ha!

Would be VERY cool for a St. Pete rider to win one of these contests... We have so many skills as a group other than riding. Just thought it was a cool idea... (no need to bitch if someone doesn't agree. I just wanted to spread the news cuz i was on their website and the contest ends June 30th.)

IT WOULD BE AWESOME ;)

TBKA
05-22-2008, 12:34 AM
Date?
Time?

toby wilson
05-22-2008, 05:48 AM
All Memorial Day weekend at Crabby Bills in Tampa...

Skyway Scott
05-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Alex can definitely come up with a cool graphic, I would think.
I like a couple of the Wainman white rabbit graphics, myself. The black kite with the squiggly things on it is cool looking. :)

Tom Stock
05-22-2008, 03:05 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/IndyWeekly/SuperPimps/ISSUE_1COVERFINAL.jpg

How about this one! I think Best wanted it for awhile but they backed out.

Skyway Scott
05-22-2008, 03:13 PM
That is pretty funny. They actually have awesome graphics and names.
http://www.dialcforcomics.com/comics/super_pimps/index.html
I would by a board with one of those guys on it in heart beat. :)

Tom Stock
05-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Well, "Justice with a Strut" it just seemed kite related so I couldn't resist.

:D

Skyway Scott
05-22-2008, 10:41 PM
I actually think it's a good idea, the more I think about it.
The graphics rock.

http://www.tbka.org/images/pimps.png
http://www.tbka.org/images/Picture9.png

toby wilson
05-23-2008, 12:12 AM
Jealousy sucks doesn't it guys? If this were something YOU guys worked on, it would be AWESOME, wouldn't it??? And you would be the poor victims as usual...not really sure why you guys feel compelled to rain on everyone else's parades...

Keep up the negative sarcasm, this forum just can't seem to get enough of it from you guys...

For everyone else, hope to see you all at Crabby Bills!!! It should be AWESOME!!!

Skyway Scott
05-23-2008, 02:39 AM
You pretty much lost me on that one, Toby. It's called being light hearted and joking around.
Hell, I was actually being serious. I would love to see graphics like that on boards.

Tom Stock
05-23-2008, 06:44 AM
Keep up the negative sarcasm, this forum just can't seem to get enough of it from you guys...

Can you hear my heart breaking? Here it goes.....

Tom Stock
05-23-2008, 07:49 AM
LOL

I like it.

Problem is if they included the girl with the kite she'd have to me 2ft tall to fit in the bag. I guess that could work in a pinch.

WindRyder
05-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Hey, now. Not all the Full Throttle/Eclipse riders are guys. There will be at least one girl trying to push the products down there this weekend!! I don't fit in the kite bag, though, sorry.....LOL

C. Moore
05-23-2008, 10:16 AM
What Best needs is a Port-a-Juggy. Those will fit into any kite bag.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/116363/porta_juggy/

inferno
05-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Can you hear my heart breaking? Here it goes.....

was that your heart, or another board:confused:

Tom Stock
05-23-2008, 03:47 PM
I dunno how is yours holding up?!

lol

amber
05-25-2008, 11:03 AM
I went to the eclipse/full throttle event at Crabby Bills yesterday. There will be an article on TBKA posted soon but I wanted to share some pictures. It was a fun day of hanging out. Although there was a lack of wind and a weird launch, it was a great day. Roy took a lot more pictures than I did so I"m sure hell be posting his soon...

They are supposed to have a huge crowd over there today so if you're not so sunburned you can't go back in the sun again for a while, you should head over there and check it out.

http://www.kitesurfingpics.com/Galleries.html

scroll all the way down to the bottom of the galleries page to view the pics!

Tom Stock
05-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Was this a drink demo?

Tom Stock
05-25-2008, 05:24 PM
FYI coke was going to use best till they found out that they had to use women to sell kites

http://www.kitesurfingpics.com/Galleries_files/eclipse.fullthrottle/slides/IMG_5400.JPG

amber
05-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Coke is pairing with eclipse to promote the launch of their new Full Throttle uncarbonated energy drink. Whenever there is a promo, a promo company is hired to send staff to work the event and pass out t-shirts, the product, etc. The promo company hired all the girls and guys in the picture that you don't know (other than Chris Cousins if you don't know him) and eclipse invited their riders as well as guests.

If you're insinuating that they are using these girls to sell the brands? As a woman I can tell you that there is a big difference between someone in a sports bra and skirt at an event where there are ladies in tiny bikinis playing sand volleyball, from an ad in a magazine that is 70% of a girl's ass in a tiny black bikini with a small picture of a kiter in the background.

Just my two cents.

TBKA
05-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Chris was a very nice guy and it was interesting to discuss his efforts in forming an association in his area. He was saying that there wasn't really that much interest until 3 or 4 of their spots were banned, and a local kiter died. After that, the locals finally saw a reason for a unified approach to protecting their launches and quit their pointless heckling.
I would like to say congratulations to Josh Taylor, Oliver Berlic, and Linda for getting sponsored by Eclipse, and thanks Toby Wilson for helping make this happen.
I had a great time with kiter-friends, demo'ed a few cans of Full Throttle, and scored a free shirt.

Thanks Chris,Coca-Cola, and the scantily clad FULL THROTTLE GIRLS!!!
What an Awesome day!
Gotta run, I'm going to buy some full throttle;)

JoshTaylor
05-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Hey guys. It's toys and pop drinks. By definition, kid's stuff. ;)

you've got it on the dot.

please, write me a book too.

JoshTaylor
05-25-2008, 08:47 PM
awesome time, I thank everyone.

if you guys get a chance come out tomorrow.

will be a good time.

WindRyder
05-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Josh, I hate to tell you, but shortly after you guys left, okay, maybe not until 615 or so...it started blowing. Got on the 12M Thruster for the first time. Had blast, but got overpowered at the end. The kite was great, and it looked great in the air. Of course, some may think I am now biased because I am sponsored by Eclipse for this promotion, but I was truly impressed. Wish I had brought my 8M down with me. Oh well. Hope you get yours soon. You will like them alot!! Have fun tomorrow, I have to head back to P.C. Be sure to pass out more toys and kiddie drinks!! LOL

toby wilson
05-26-2008, 12:00 AM
Linda, Josh, Amber, didn't you get the memo? It seems that talking about poker, flying remote control airplanes, eating Wendy's combos, and skateboarding on this forum are more relevant topics to bettering our sport of KITEBOARDING than Eclipse partnering with Coke/Full Throttle, giving out a bunch of kites to 30 new team riders, Full Throttle, shirts, sunscreen, donating to the John Wayne Cancer Foundation, providing a cheap warranty for the riders, introducing kiting to the public in a positive and safe manner, etc.

What a joke!!!

I'd like to send a big shout out to Chris Cousins for making the last two days a HUGE success!!! ...And we still have tomorrow to go!!! Thanks Eclipse and Full Throttle for keeping it POSITIVE!!!

Tom Stock
05-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Oh, ok, coke is paying eclipse to advertise their drink. Since I've never even heard of "full throttle" I had no idea what was going on or the purpose of the event. but it looks like it really was a drink demo.

But thanks Toby for the personalized put down.

So will Josh and Alex be riding one of these yellow full throttle kites now? Are they thrusters?

WindRyder
05-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Coke put some advertising $$ to use by sponsoring 30 new team riders for this co-promotion. It's actually a pretty neat opportunity to ride new kites, have full throttle products (beverages, shirts,towels, etc..) to pass out, and do what i love to do..kite!! i don't believe the other existing eclipse riders are all participating, but I am not completely sure. i am thankful for the opportunithy to be a part of a different type of marketing campaign. I'd rather be kiting and bringing attention to a brand, rather than be one of the people on the beach having to walk around and pass stuff out.
Thanks to Chris Cousins and the Eclipse crew for the opportunity to participate.

Tom Stock
05-26-2008, 11:24 AM
ohhhhhhhhhh i get it. So the advertising money helps the teams riders by paying for their kites because the kites have the full throttle ad, etc.

Finally it makes sense, thanks WindRyder!

Sweet!

WindRyder
05-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Oh,and the kites are new Thrusters.
Wind came in at Skyway last night. that was my first opportunity to ride the Thruster 12M. I have ridden the Eras for the past several months. The 10M has been my "everything" kite until 20kt, then I hop on the 8M. Loved those kites, so I was a bit nervous about making the switch. I rode the 12M, and I had the opportunity to get a feel of the low end and high end for me. I was riding my Crazyfly 125x41. I haven't ridden a 12M kite in almost a year, so I was not sure about how this kite's high end would be for me. For the low end, the wind was around 12kts, and I was very well powered and shot upwind. Kite has a lot of power, turns extremely fast, and is very stable. It took me a little time to get adjusted to the feel, but after a few tacks, I realized that this kite is made to provide steady power with easy handling. The bar is very simple, with power/depower straps color coded and labeled. The amount of depower throw on the bar is short, similar to the new Best bar, but the depower strap allows for a lot of depower. With a few tugs, the depower strap is actually quite long and flops all over. It would be nice if there was some velcro or something for it to stick to, so it doesn't flop around so much. As for jumping, it shoots you up in the air. when spotting your landing, be careful not to pull too hard on the front hand, or you will land with a lot more speed than you are anticipating. Love that, though!! the wind constantly picked up the later it got, and I started getting overpowered when the wind was blowing low 20's. But, I had my lines set on the knot closest to the kite probably could have moved them to the furthest point for a little more depower yet. I wish I had time to put up the 8M, as that would have been really fun....
In sum, the first session was a great experience and relief. I was very uncertain about how I'd adjust, but with a few more sessions, I should be dialed in. I can't wait to try the 8M in the waves! Roy tried it too, and I know he will post his comments regarding how the kite felt unhooked.

Tom Stock
05-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Yeah I liked the thruster when I rode it, fast and good depower,and jumped really well. If I were to pick a kite from eclipse that would probably be the one but I'd have to try the nano too to know for sure.

WindRyder
05-26-2008, 11:33 AM
ohhhhhhhhhh i get it. So the advertising money helps the teams riders by paying for their kites because the kites have the full throttle ad, etc.

Finally it makes sense, thanks WindRyder!

Sweet!

Honestlly, I didn't know what to expect when I was on my way to the event at Crabby Bills. I have friends who run promotions during spring break in PCB, and they provide models and other talent for product dispersal. Pretty much, the sponsored kite boarders are like flying banners to attract attention to the full throttle tents and models on the beach.

Tom Stock
05-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Sort of like the red bull girls waking around the mall handing out drinks, but now with kites.

shogun1204
05-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Hey it was good seeing the old crew this weekend. Also getting to meet Chris from Ecplis. I just uploaded pictures that I took from the Full Throttle promo event. Check them out.

http://epickitesurfing.com/pics/2008/52508ft/slides/_MG_0564-2.jpg
http://epickitesurfing.com/pics/2008/52408ft/slides/_MG_0257.jpg

amber
05-26-2008, 10:55 PM
that picture of josh with the ice looks like it should be their new ad for print. Great shot Roy!!!!!