PDA

View Full Version : Differences between kiteboard and wakeboard?

Jacelica2k
07-14-2005, 12:02 PM
What are the differences between a kiteboard and a wakeboard. I am just trying to get into the sport and I have a few connections where I could get discounts on wakeboards, but not kiteboards....>What are the differences? weight? rocker? thickness? etc?

Jacelica2k
07-14-2005, 12:02 PM
What are the differences between a kiteboard and a wakeboard. I am just trying to get into the sport and I have a few connections where I could get discounts on wakeboards, but not kiteboards....>What are the differences? weight? rocker? thickness? etc?

ricki
08-21-2005, 11:20 AM

Lots of kiteboarders started on wakeboards but most moved on to kiteboards. Typically kiteboards have less rocker while wakeboards have more. The rocker particularly can effect light wind performance. Kiteboards can have a tendency to nose in undertow for wakeboarding. You can make it work but you would probably be better off picking up a new or used kiteboard.

ricki
08-21-2005, 11:20 AM

Lots of kiteboarders started on wakeboards but most moved on to kiteboards. Typically kiteboards have less rocker while wakeboards have more. The rocker particularly can effect light wind performance. Kiteboards can have a tendency to nose in undertow for wakeboarding. You can make it work but you would probably be better off picking up a new or used kiteboard.

SnowKat
10-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Hey, I'm a newb to kiteboarding myself, but a wakeboarder. Something I've noticed is kiteboards appear to be wider, have 4 or 6 fins instead of 2.