PDA

View Full Version : Light Wind Board Recomendations?

cletus
05-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Noobie looking for some advice on a light wind board. I weigh 185 lbs and have a 12M kite.

Any recomendations for the best size board to get for light wind days

conchxpress
05-05-2008, 08:25 AM
I'm 5'11, 195 and just got a 2008 Spleene Door 159. It's an upwind machine. Winds where I was this weekend were 9-10 and I was flying upwind, while most of the others were doing the"walk" And I'm not that experienced. I was using a 15 kite and was almost overpowered with this board. My 12 would have sufficed just as well. Got mine from xlkites.com where you can make an offer on what you want to pay. Got $100 off, but wished I asked for more. The Spleene 2007's have way cooler graphics and are a lot cheaper, but I don't know if there are any really significant technical differences. I've also talked to guys using the CrazyFly and they seem to like it for light wind.

flkiter
05-05-2008, 09:38 AM
I suggest for your weight that you get a bigger kite. A bigger board will help but you'll still be battling the light winds. A good board for beginners for light wind would be something narrow and long. Boards like the Crazyfly, Aggression, and float are great light wind boards once you know what you're doing but to learn on they can be difficult to go up wind on. Prodigy 158 is good board for what you're looking for.

Pog Mo Thoin
05-05-2008, 06:45 PM
I have an Aggression Super Phatty 132x46 for sale if your interested. Its an awesome light wind board.