PDA

View Full Version : New Kiteboarding Lessons LBTS

kitehi412
05-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Appears to be new kiteboarding lessons in Lauderdale by the Sea in front
of the old Clarion Hotel as evidence by many Best kites in the air and on the
beach. I am curious if the instructor is IKO certified and has established a
working relationship with the city due to the inherent risks teaching on a crowded beach? As a resident of the city and kiteboarder, I do not want
another ban to our beaches similar to what has occurred in Pompano Beach.

Wind Bum
05-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Then you should go talk to them as a resident and kiteboarder and find out for yourself.:wink: .Wondering on the net will get you nowhere.And no kiteboarding is allowed in LBS thats sea ranch lakes where you are talking about.North of the volley ball nets is not LBS.JUST STAY OUTSIDE OF THE SWIM BOUYS ....I know the group to the north rides inside i watched them this week..GUNTHER:confused: :oops:

ricki
05-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Lauderdale By The Sea has had some close brushes with bans in recent years already. Getting kicked out entirely was a near reality back in 2004/05. Staying outside the swim zone and avoiding crowds onshore while launching/landing are key. We had a number of meetings with the Township and Sheriffs Department to try to sort things out for continued access.

http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=255

I really hope they are careful there. That beach, used to call it "Winnie Beach" for unrelated reasons, can really get crowded particularly on holidays. Fingers crossed on this one.

Bobby
05-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Thats gram, yes hes certified, hes the one that ran the concession in pompano forever... No worries with him, good guy.