PDA

View Full Version : Nobile Kite and Board Tour

Steve-O
04-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Nobile Kiteboarding is launching a nationwide tour May 1st. They will be stopping in Tampa Bay this Saturday May 3rd to demo boards and introduce the new kites 555 and 666. Location TBA.

Steve-O
05-03-2008, 07:15 AM
Nobile demo at East Beach this morning till the wind blows. Sat 5/3

Skyway Scott
05-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Ughh... I would have gone if I knew. Bob and I were at the SW.
They are going to be there a very long time if they plan on staying until the wind blows :) , cuz it died at 8am and probably isn't coming back.
I would have liked to have seen the kites, and especially the bar.

FloridaBoarder
05-03-2008, 02:18 PM
I flew there 16 meter kite in little wind and thought it was a good kite. Could not say to much more because there was not enough wind to feel it out. The bar was a little differnt and the chicken loop was small ( dont know if I like that). The middle lines connect to a liter line that travels half way up the lines. The boards that they had out looked nice, there new 666 and 555 look like they could be the best board on the market... it just sucks how much they cost.
Going to the UnderTow to find a SEA BREEZE
Peace

Steve-O
05-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Sorry guys for the short notice. The boys at Nobile had some travel delays and weren't able to arrive until 10am. Obviously too late for any wind. I didn't post earlier as again, the travel delay made things a bit uncertain. They are in town all weekend, but the wind doesn't look any better tomorrow.
Bummer!!!!

I have had a 12M 555 for a month now. One of the first ones to hit the country. The most interesting part about the bar is the chicken loop is plastic. It locks into place when unhooked. It also has a below the bar safety/flag point.

The thing that is different about the kite design is the struts. Two angles instead of a smooth curve. Bar pressure is med/light, kite moves quick and doesn't pivot, relaunch seems fine, bar is clean, plenty of depower on the throw, and not quite as grunty as I am used to. It was explained to me today that some of the first kites that went out need to have the back lines shortened about 10cm....which probably explains the lack of power/grunt in the kite. Looking forward to the adjustment. There is also an adjustable stopper much like the Best bar as well.

If you see me and its 12M weather, hit me up for a ride. We should have a bunch of demo gear soon, although summer is rapidly approaching. :(

Tom Stock
05-07-2008, 08:18 PM
sweet can't wait to see those kites. is the 555 kite $555?

Steve-O
05-07-2008, 09:51 PM
That would be a sweet deal woudn't it. I wish!!!! Would make my job alot easier.

I will be at East Beach on Friday with the 12M in tow. I will blow it up and leave it on the grass. Just grab it and take it for a spin. Should be good winds for that size.

Late