PDA

View Full Version : Clearing out my toys

Unimog Bob
04-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Posted some stuff over on the gear section Please take a look

Erick
04-27-2008, 01:59 PM
You're not selling my DVD are you? =)
Where have you been Bob? I haven't seen you in a while.

Unimog Bob
04-27-2008, 02:04 PM
I'm traveling two to three days a week for business. I seem to be on the road most of the time it is blowing, but I did get in a couple seshions last week. looks like it might blow Mon. Tue. so of course I'm in Lauderdale. I've still got your DVD in my car. I can leave it at the front desk at my office when I stop by on my way to the airport or I can bring it to you late in the week. I hope to ride with you soon!

bigairal
04-27-2008, 07:52 PM
thanks for the offer of the prindle cat....someone is going to get a great boat. hope to kite with you soon...allen

Tom Stock
05-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Bob, I have a 2 cylinder 3.5hp johnson outboard you can have to fill up the space you've made.

Awesome job bro!

Unimog Bob
05-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks Tom,
It is good to simplify things once in a while. I can do the carb on that motor for you if you still want to use it. Big G is supposed to pick up the cat this weekend if not it goes to the first one to show with cash. No one wants the Reef tank so far. Salt water tanks are way cool and this is a good one with all the right stuff to be low maintenance. offers welcome.

Bob

Tom Stock
05-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Nah, thanks for letting me borrow the Johnson, but I picked up a like new Suzuki 3.5 and after a quick carb clean it works perfectly... purrs like a kitten at idle.

Problem is, I discovered my little toyota can't tow the boat... I am surprised because I really expected it to work.

You don't have an old compact truck in that garage do you? I need something to tow the boat! The boat is becoming way too expensive already!

Ah well some day.

Big G
05-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Bob,
Give me a call when you get home. I have a few updates for you on my boat and need to get with you on the Prindle.

bryanleighty
05-09-2008, 08:09 AM
tom,

you talking about the sailboat?

i towed him (yes it was a 'him' when i owned it) with my jetta a number of times..

Tom Stock
05-09-2008, 09:59 AM
4cyl manual?

bryanleighty
05-09-2008, 10:35 AM
yep..

back n forth from Tampa to Gulfport a number of times...

Tampa to Gandy area a few times.

the last few times it was towed I borrowed Dan's SUV just cause it was an option.

obviously if you are looking to tow often its definitely better to get a bigger vehicle.

i picked up an old beater Bronco just for that type of stuff.. its sitting in my drive way w/o a steering column right now..

ugh.

i will tell ya tha your 3.5 hp motor will be perfect. i have a nissan 3.5 (excat same as Mercury) and it was awesome on that boat....

look for a beater pickup on craigs list..

Tom Stock
05-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Which ramps did you use with the jetta?

bryanleighty
05-09-2008, 11:25 AM
gulf port yacht club.. not the marina.. but the small (mostly catamarans) club..

at gandy i used the first boat ramp after the bridge (coming from Tampa side)..

no problems there at all..

gulf port was a pain at times.. my old trailer had a much longer tounge than the one it currently has.. i never put the boat in the water with the current trailer.. would definitely had to make and extender or some sort.