PDA

View Full Version : new to kiteboarding

mavrckxc
04-21-2008, 11:25 PM
hey everyone just recently took a beach lesson with emerald coast kiteboarding and bought a 16m bularoo light wind package from best. i have been out 3 times around the st park as well as beach drive. still working on staying up on the board but so far its been awesome. i live in panama city and am looking for others to go kiting with around the area and im definitely looking forward to some good kiting this summer.

-jon

WindRyder
04-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Hi, Jon. My name is Linda, and my boyfriend and I live two seconds from Beach Drive. I learned to kite there over 2 years ago, and it's a spot you shouldn't ride alone. Please feel free to call me (850)774-6680 if you plan to go out there. It's a decent place to learn, as long as someone else is there. Hope to hear from you soon.

mavrckxc
04-23-2008, 09:59 PM
linda,

ive only been to beach drive once and it was with a friend who is also starting to kiteboard. we are looking for some good flat water spots to learn on. we went out around the marina at tyndall a few days ago and i was able to get up on the board no problem and was able to sort of go upwind but kite would just lose power. im guessing there was not enough wind??? anyways next time i go out i will let you know. also if you go out and dont mind me tagging along my number is 704-838-6528. i usually have all my gear in my truck so if theres wind im always ready to go. hope to be kiting soon.

-jon