PDA

View Full Version : TBKA forum

kite-4-life
04-07-2008, 09:55 AM
The new forum for Tampa Bay Kiteboarders Association (TBKA) is up and running. It is created for the concerned kiters of Tampa Bay to share ideas on preserving access, making our beaches safer, and for member communication. We are just getting it started and learning how to use it effectively, so please bear with us! The website will take a little longer as we are gathering information and veryfying its accuracy before uploading it.
We are asking everyone to use their real first name and last initial as their username when registering, as an added way to keep it real. Theres also a custom tag line where you can add your nickname or handle from FKSA if you want.
Guests will not be able to view all areas and will not be able to post or vote in polls, so please sign up to get the most out of this site. We will be regularly voting on issues concerning many topics in the coming months and your votes and feedback is important in creating standards for our area.
Potential board members will have to be activated so they can view all relevent information pertaining to board meetings, and have access to board member polls and resources.
Please take this seriously because this will be a valuable tool in creating guidelines, electing board members, and making this association as effective as possible in the effort to protect access and manage growth of our sport. If you register a bogus name, you account will be deleted and IP address blocked, plese keep it real.

Thanks for your concern and effort to preserve and improve our kiting community in Tampa Bay!!!
http://tbka.org/forum/index.php

inferno
04-07-2008, 10:16 AM
sounds like a great idea steve :)

one thing i would like to ask, when ever there is a vote/decision that is made and finalized, please post it on this site for the majority of the riders to be aware of...
thanx again for your hard work steve
-danny

BigR
04-07-2008, 10:24 AM
We will be gathering Location Risk Assesments for every kiting spot from Englewood area to North Pasco County, including all of Tampa and south Hillsborough county.Please put all info here or

Thanks for including us Steve!

As far as I know, there are only two kiters that actually ever kite in South Hillsborough County.

anybody is welcome to join us tho'

donster
04-07-2008, 10:45 AM
This is a great initiative, thanks for all of your efforts to improve safety, Steve.

Also, thanks to Scott for tremendous time and effort into building this site for everyone to come together in effort to promote safety and provide useful information.

Awesome!

kite-4-life
04-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Big R- Our goal is to assemble launch site info for the entire area. A lot of Tampa Kiters are interested in riding S. Hillsborough and have looked for suitable places to ride down there. I haven't been to Apollo Beach/Ruskin in a while, so I am not sure whats going on over there. . the LRA's will include wind directions, aerial maps, hazards, regulations, etc. to make choosing a safe kiting location easier to find.
Any info is appreciated and can be posted on the forum in Launch Sites section.
Inferno-We will definitely keep you guys informed of whats going on. Right now we are just getting it set up to run properly, learning how to use it, and discussing ideas for structuring this association. Many decisions wil be made in the future and we need everyone's input to have the most accurate, informative site available for Tampa Bay.

I have been trying to get all members activated- please let me know if you have any issues with the site or suggestions for improvements!
Thanks EVERYONE!!!

Tom Stock
04-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Looks good, I know Scott worked hard getting it up and running quickly.

kite-4-life
04-07-2008, 12:58 PM
We have a lot of great info to add, we just have to get around a few issues between file types, Vista/XP, different programs,different website hosts, etc.
Its getting there!
Back to work....:(

kite-4-life
04-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Yep, Scott did a fantastic job and very quickly too! His effort is a fine example of kiters working together and donating a little (or a LOT, in his case) time and effort, to help out the kiting community. He brought his skills to the table and offered to help- and following through with a forum and website-plus research and training on how to use it. He gave us all a means of communication to work with in protecting our beaches and keeping them safe, now it is up to ALL of us to use it properly.

I will try to post some launch site info there to work with soon, please review it for accuracy and add any comments, hazards, rules, etc. if you know them. http://tbka.org/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

Thanks to everyone for their help and input!

Skyway Scott
04-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the acknowledgment, Steve. I was glad to help out.
Getting that information up about Tampa Bay launches should prove very helpful, for sure. I am working on a way for us to edit the launches as a "team". I will let you know if it succeeds.