PDA

View Full Version : Kite Insurance for the USA

The Kite House
04-04-2008, 02:02 PM
I have been working with a few insurance companies and now have info for anyone who owns a school and would like to have insurance to do business legally.

the contact is trenth@primeis.com

Evolution Insurance Brokers
Phone: (801) 304-5586

I have insurance with them, also get event insurance from them, and they have different levels that are NOT offered by the company out of North Carolina or The Dominican Republic. Which means if you dont want a million dollars coverage, you can choose less.

The more time you have teaching, and experience and a proper buss plan, make it cheaper for you....less risk to them.

I also belive making this info public will benefit the good schools out there that are sometimes fell held hostage to needing a certain certification. While i believe that certification is good, there is nothing that monitors it, checks up on it and instructors. Which means they are just a middleman and charge ya.

I know the question will come that so, instructors with no certification can get it......yes, but it costs money and thy have to list where they will teach, so if you dont have a occupational lic, you are not getting it.

I didnt want to put this info up until i knew it was a valid company and good in the USA. Tired of the b.s. and so are alot of the schools

ricki
04-05-2008, 10:18 AM
sounds good paul, thanks for finding, researching and sharing this. options are a great thing particularly with insurance.

The Kite House
04-08-2008, 10:02 AM
I feel this is very important, and while learning to instruct is a great thing, you CAN NOT learn it in 5 days. Thats why i feel these courses are a bit bias, need real time learning, under an instructor.

miamikiteboarding
04-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Paul,
5 days , or 4 days , or even 2 days is always better that no days at all under guidance . This is at least just to come up with basic safety directives, and a Lesson plan.
I agree the best experience is the one you learn hands-on while getting lots of lessons logged in. but even though, not all riders have the common sense to put things in order and safe analyses when teaching somebody else. The last 8 years have proven it.
You may feel bored and tired with all the B.S around the various training organizations and who teach better and safer than another, on which i join you, as the best feedback is the one from the students themselves, but i think it's irrelevant to comment about the value of instructor training certification process , since for lots' ot instrcutors it is the only way they can get specific training in a neutral way. whatever organization it may be.
It is going backward in a progression toward safety.

Beside Some have been teaching kitesurfing the wrong way from the very begining ,and they may never know about it, until another instructor make him realize it.
Plus it 's usually the best way to share tips and experiences with other instructors.

now what iI see is everybody suddenly offering the "best insurance , at the best rates, or for the best coverage, ..." when 1 year ago, First flight were the only company offering and locking school kite insurance granted to only 1 Organization at somewhat quite an excessive rate .

and within 3 months i never heard about so many insuracne agents. it 's almost frantic ! hum, there must be a growing market to take over out there ? and the same race has started again... for what i see.

allez, let's be happy with it it , it can only lower the rates we were paying so far, i mean for those who judge it is worth paying for liability coverage when teaching

The Kite House
04-09-2008, 09:00 PM
The only point i dont agree with is that students giving feedback....

1st- they can be faked and also what does a student know if he or she has a good lesson or instructor, they are new and have no idea, so very bad feed back

2nd- Instructors after the course should be requierd to log hours with a school[internship before they are set out to teach] this would be done for free, so both the instructor and the school benifit, and i am sure you or i would not put our name next to someone that is not ready.

I am not trying to slam or discredit any organization. I feel PASA and Iko are both poorly run, need changes and also are run from North Carolina and Dominican Republic, so how can they have there finger on the pulse of the USA when they are not moving around ? Not something i am looking for an answer for, thats why i resigned from PASA and also so disapointed that was not allowed to join my schools in IKO because i was involved in PASA. Made it hard to monitor my IKO instructors that come through, you know if they are who they say they are or are any good. There should be no bias and instructors need to be updated. I am shocked at the number of instructors that are not curent with new kites and cant pass along the knowledge.

Anyway, rant over, i am always glad when instructors take any course, but dont agree on the methods./...thats why in september and febuary i will give free instructors courses to help out and maybe do a seminar on curent methods for the old school people. After all if i am going to bitch so much i should do something. Thanks for the imput and we can agree to disagree.

neil xrated
04-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Paul, I am totally with you and agree. After teaching for almost 10 full years now I am shocked at the quality and knowledge of some "instuctors" out there. If there is anything I can do to help just say the word. Cheers Neil

neil xrated
04-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Some "instructors" not all.