PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville Area Kiteboarders

driftfast180
04-04-2008, 07:14 AM
Most of everyone in Northeast florida kiteboards in St. Auggie...Any riders here locally in Jacksonville? I live at the beaches and have seen quite a few guys out on windy days but I cant find any groups or riders here locally. Im new to kiteboarding and just had some lessons and Im about to get my gear. Just looking for some kiting partners.

ricki
04-20-2008, 07:22 PM
There are some guys that kite Huguenot Memorial Park in Jacksonville pending kiters getting kicked out of there under a new proposed management plan. I know Paul is up there and teaches but don't know his email address. You might get it from Daryl at Extreme Kites in St. Aug.

driftfast180
04-21-2008, 12:27 PM
hey thx for the heads up. Actually got my harness from Darrly at extreme..Cool dude and he def hooked it up..Much appreciated. Im going w/ Paul on Thursday weather permitting to go supervised kiteboarding. $50 /hr since I dont have my own board but heck, at least I get to try out some bestkites :) Ive also hooked up w/ some locals here. Turns out theres about a good 10 kiters at the beach alone Hells yea :) Rick1 You the man for the referral though..thx
Micah