PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap!!

C. Moore
04-01-2008, 07:31 AM
I just read in the TBT paper about a new store opening up in the International Mall called Adrenalina. This store promotes all extreme sports like kitesurfing. This is an outrage that anyone who knows nothing about kitesurfing can just go into the store and buy the gear and head out and kill themselves or others.

I just hope they also promote lessons and have instructors on hand.

I hope John at WSW or the community can do something to stress the importance to this Home Depot of Death that this sport and all their other sports could cause death.

Here is their website. http://www.adrenalinastore.com/
Here is the article.
http://tampabaytimes.fl.newsmemory.com/newsmemvol2/florida/saintpetersburgtimes/20080401/04012008tbt005t.pdf.0/img/Image_0.jpg
SOON, YOU’LL BE SURFING INSIDE INTERNATIONAL PLAZA
Yes, you read that headline right. When extreme sports store Adrenalina opens this fall inside International Plaza, its star attraction will be a FlowRider wave machine, which uses water jets spraying up a hill to create a controlled imita*tion of board surfing. So, like these guys showing off during 2006 Super Bowl festivities in Detroit, you’ll be able to ride the waves with a roof over your head. (See a video of the FlowRider in action at tinyurl.com/2gtf4t.) The North Miami Beach sporting goods chain, which stocks skateboard, surfing, kitesurf, BMX, mountain bike, Moto X, paintball and sky*diving supplies, apparel and footwear, said the Tampa location will be its third. — tbt*

-Chris

Todd RT
04-01-2008, 08:01 AM
SWEET! I rode the flowrider in the mall in Orlando! This is coming to Tampa! Cool!

It's pretty freakin' hard man. That board is the size of a small skateboard!

I'm ready! :cool:

PS> I never saw any kite equipment in the Orlando store.

bryanleighty
04-01-2008, 08:07 AM
ebay scares me more...

BigR
04-01-2008, 08:10 AM
Hey! They sell parachutes too!

neil xrated
04-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Just wait and see which brands support them then you make the choice who to support. Cheers Neil

C. Moore
04-01-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm sure during the summer doldrums I will be there too. It looks like a lot fun.
I'm just concerned that they will sell kite gear to anyone with out giving much thought about lessons.

This is a north Miami company, have they done anything to point towards local instructors for lessons?

They look like they only carry Cabrinha.

-Chris

bayflite
04-01-2008, 09:26 AM
chris
itsa commin.
4 sure.
that awfull day you wake to a newsflash...

"Kiteboarder kills"

Bryan L. is right.
E bay scares me way more than any store.
we can lobby a store owner.
what can we do about e bay?
nutskin.

neil...actions speak louder than words.
honest.

BigR
04-01-2008, 09:27 AM
I doubt that anyone would buy a kite from a saleperson that didn't have a clue as to what he was talking about.

Look at what happened with liquid force and west marine..........

JoshTaylor
04-01-2008, 03:08 PM
sick, no more hour and a half drive to go to the flow rider

they've always sold kites on there site, but there old as sh** and way over priced.

Galego
04-01-2008, 03:35 PM
let the selective thinning of the heard begin.

Tom Stock
04-02-2008, 11:46 AM
if you are out promoting the sport through races, newspaper articles, contests, etc. what did u really expect?

you all asked for it imo.

no stopping it now. I hope they carry Best and Flexifoil.

Gator Gris
04-02-2008, 01:28 PM
How long of a session do you get for $20?

Might as well wakeboard behind a jet ski?

inferno
04-02-2008, 01:48 PM

a jet ski cost a lot more then 20 bucks :)

Todd RT
04-02-2008, 03:19 PM

It's like 10 minutes man. And you're sharing the wave with like 4-6 other people, taking turns. So it's about $2.50 for every 30 second ride. :eek:

C. Moore
04-02-2008, 05:12 PM
if you are out promoting the sport through races, newspaper articles, contests, etc. what did u really expect?

you all asked for it imo.

no stopping it now. I hope they carry Best and Flexifoil.

True, but we also promote safety and lessons. I welcome all new people to our sport but I just hope that they get lessons.

JoshTaylor
04-02-2008, 08:19 PM
It's like 10 minutes man. And you're sharing the wave with like 4-6 other people, taking turns. So it's about $2.50 for every 30 second ride. :eek:
you get a 30 minute session for 20 bucks.

it's way different than wakeboarding or surfing.

Todd RT
04-03-2008, 06:41 AM
you get a 30 minute session for 20 bucks.

it's way different than wakeboarding or surfing.

Was it 30 minutes? Wow... seemed like 10. Sorry.

Galego
04-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Was it 30 minutes? Wow... seemed like 10. Sorry.
time flys when your gettin' screwed

ProximityProduct
04-06-2008, 04:19 PM
I went there in November 2007 to try on a vest harness. They only had 1 large vest harness, a board without straps and 3 different sized waroos on the top shelf (30 ft. up) next to the mountain bikes. It took the guy I talked to 30 min. to find the harness in the back, digging through boxes. I don't think they promote it very much if at all. Just letting you know.