PDA

View Full Version : lessons near spring hill fl

rdaud
03-29-2008, 10:46 AM
hi
I am new to the area-Spring hill fl-about 35 mile north of tampa. Ever since seeing some people kiteboarding I have wanted to give it a try; however, having a hard time finding lessons. Would not mind travelling to st pete or tampa over the weekends but would prefer something closer like tarpon springs. Any suggestions???. Also is there anyone from spring hill that kiteboards at pine island?? thanks, and sorry if i am repeating a thread.

shogun1204
03-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Call up Steve-O at Water Sports west (funonwater.com) he is great teacher, or Matt Sexton (tritonkiteboarding.com), also a great teacher. You can get their contact info on my site www.epickitesurfing.com (http://www.epickitesurfing.com/) under lesson then tampa bay area. Also for the Tampa area I would post in the Tampa Bay Area section up top. This area is pretty much only cover the Panhandle area. http://fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10

rdaud
04-09-2008, 11:14 AM
thanks for the reply. will give them a try and let u know how it goes.

jakester
04-11-2008, 04:57 PM
I LIVE IN SPRING HILL AND KITE PRIMARILY AT SUNSET PARK IN TARPON SPRINGS. IT IS THE CLOSEST SPOT TO SH THAT IS WORTH KITING AND ONE OF THE PREMIER FLAT WATER SPOTS IN THE AREA. THE GUYS ARE VERY FRIENDLY. IF YOU HAPPEN TO STOP BY, SAY HELLO. THIS WEEKEND SHOULD BE GOOD SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.
TAKE THE STEVE-O SAFETY CLASS AT WSW B4 YOU TAKE ANY LESSONS.
DO NOT BUY ANY GEAR UNTIL YOU TAKE YOUR LESSONS, YOU WILL JUST BE TEMPTED TO USE IT B4 YOU ARE READY...:cool:
KITE SAFE,
DREW

jakester
04-11-2008, 05:02 PM
I KITE AT PINE ISLAND, ONLY WHEN MY TIME IS LIMITED (LUNCH HOUR/SUNSET). IT IS A GREAT SPOT, ONCE YOU LEARN SOME CONTROL.
THERE ARE SOME HAZARDS AND THE SMALL BEACH MAKES FOR SKETCHY LAUNCHING. I USUALLY WALK INTO THE WATER, AWAY FROM THE BEACH, AND FLOAT MY KITE TO SELF LAUNCH. AGAIN, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO KITE THERE ALONE AS A BEGINNER. HOPEFULLY, WE'LL SEE YOU ON THE WATER SOON. YOU CAN CALL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. (352)650-3756.:cool:
DREW

rdaud
04-15-2008, 04:16 PM
hey thanks for the reply Drew, i just PM'd u.