PDA

View Full Version : Shell Island BullSh*t

CrazyJay
03-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Boy, it sure was nice for the county to practically ban everyone from Shell Island. They said it was to protect the "bird sanctuary"and marine life.
Well, obviously that was a load of shit. If they are so concerned with the birds' habitat and water quality then why did they let a development firm clear cut the adjacent island and start building condos and boat docks?

Tom Stock
03-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Money is not our god... oh hell yeah it is.

Hell don't even get me started. What about Imminent domain?

"The power to take private property for public use by a state, municipality, or private person or corporation authorized to exercise functions of public character, following the payment of just compensation to the owner of that property."

Translation:

Legally f#$k over everyone at the bay pines trailer park by giving them $800, throw them out on the street and flatten their trailer home so we can build condos for non-residents to stay in part of the year. So we have 500 more homeless retirees and even more condos for people who don't even have a job here.

As a Florida native I am pissed off about it.

Now those greedy bastards are taking Ft. Desoto for the prime picking too.

Expect restaurants and who knows what else to be built close by soon... because birds don't make money.

Randall1029surf
03-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Right on brother! I could go on for hours but all it really does is gets me pissed off. It's good to see other people felling the same way.:mrgreen:

Skyway Scott
03-11-2008, 08:30 PM
St. Pete is no longer what it use to be.
Progress. Who is dumb enough to buy that one anymore?
This does possibly explain the increased tolls to finance the 4 lane bridges to get out there... lol.... (St. Pete Times had an article).

Steve-O
03-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Write your lawmakers. Not enough people bitch to the right people.

www.savebelleaircauseway.com

Another project with the "progress" label.

Were loosing the battle up here. HELP!!!!

amber
03-12-2008, 07:28 PM
there was some sort of flyer at east beach last weekend for a petition about the toll increase. not sure if anyone has more info...

lots of great memories out at shell island. What a disappointment...