PDA

View Full Version : Before I get myself killed / Ebay trainers

RJ Latherow
02-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Hello all-

I accidentally picked up 2 kites off ebay (I didn't think I would win either kite, cause the price was 2 low. I got both). Luckily, kitemare and this site have convinced me that to try and figure it out myself is suicide. I am going to keep my big kites in the attic for now, and get a trainer of some sort and some lessons.

I don't really have a lot of $$ to invest right now, and I was looking at ebay and craigslist for used/cheap trainers. I see 2 options. One is a 3 meter 'POWERFOIL' on ebay I can't find a single reference to elseware, and the other is a friendly guy on craigslist that will sell me a 2 meter kite and a lesson for $125.

Any thoughts? Is 2 meters to small to really get experience? Anybody up in Tarpon Springs that gives lessons? The friendly craigslist guy is all the way in Sarasota/Venice.

Thanks-

-rj

Todd RT
02-27-2008, 05:49 AM
Hey man.

I flew a 4m trainer for a long time, just for fun. As long as it's less than like 18 - 20 mph, those small trainer kites are super safe man. You will be fine with trainers.

Steve-O and Brian both train up this way man. And they're super cool.

Be safe bro.

C. Moore
02-27-2008, 06:32 AM
I have a 3m trainer kite I am willing to sell. I will give you a quick and dirty lesson for the trainer. Once your ready to move to the bigger kites I would suggest getting lessons from one of our many great instructors that frequent this site.

-Chris