PDA

View Full Version : Summer is here..so is the seabreeze

RushMarkRush
06-06-2005, 11:06 PM
It's hot and the cold fronts are finished.....but we got sea breeze. We also have quite a few new riders popping up around here.
Lots of new kites out there for light air...I have ridden most of them....we have not seen any BEST kites in our area....or the HELLFISH. The new Slingshot MACHINE is the most incredible light air kite I have been on....I weigh 205 and was going upwind in 8-10 MPH....it takes some getting used to...like learning to shift gears....but with no white caps at all, this kite took off. It turns like no other big kite I have flown ( over 20 meters ) and it jumps well even in light air.
We are waiting on the new LF M-80 to arrive. Airush kites and boards are here and working well. The EXILE board is a great light wind board and holds edge well when it picks up. The Reactor has to be ridden....to be appreciated....super fast and tons of lift.
Aloha for now
Rush

RushMarkRush
06-06-2005, 11:06 PM
It's hot and the cold fronts are finished.....but we got sea breeze. We also have quite a few new riders popping up around here.
Lots of new kites out there for light air...I have ridden most of them....we have not seen any BEST kites in our area....or the HELLFISH. The new Slingshot MACHINE is the most incredible light air kite I have been on....I weigh 205 and was going upwind in 8-10 MPH....it takes some getting used to...like learning to shift gears....but with no white caps at all, this kite took off. It turns like no other big kite I have flown ( over 20 meters ) and it jumps well even in light air.
We are waiting on the new LF M-80 to arrive. Airush kites and boards are here and working well. The EXILE board is a great light wind board and holds edge well when it picks up. The Reactor has to be ridden....to be appreciated....super fast and tons of lift.
Aloha for now
Rush

Eagle
06-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Rush-

What size are you flying and I am also curious what the most wind you've ridden it in.

Eagle

Eagle
06-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Rush-

What size are you flying and I am also curious what the most wind you've ridden it in.

Eagle

RushMarkRush
06-08-2005, 11:15 PM
You have to be impressed with Slingshot because they have actually made a light wind kite that is available for the summer...not the end of summer, but now! They hyped it and promoted it and made it available for the light wind season. I am riding a 20.5 in 8-10 with no whitecaps. You cannot believe how well it turns and jumps. It does take some getting used to, as you run through the gears.
Lots of HELLFISH hype, but you cannot actually buy one yet. Also, when a material has NO stretch, it becomes brittle at the seams...even an airplane wing has some stretch and flex to it, so it doesn't come apart when torqued.
NO...I have not ridden one of these kites. With a leading edge that small, I am sure you have to pump it up rock hard.
Back to the Machine.....it works and is really a simple and effective light air kite.

RushMarkRush
06-08-2005, 11:15 PM
You have to be impressed with Slingshot because they have actually made a light wind kite that is available for the summer...not the end of summer, but now! They hyped it and promoted it and made it available for the light wind season. I am riding a 20.5 in 8-10 with no whitecaps. You cannot believe how well it turns and jumps. It does take some getting used to, as you run through the gears.
Lots of HELLFISH hype, but you cannot actually buy one yet. Also, when a material has NO stretch, it becomes brittle at the seams...even an airplane wing has some stretch and flex to it, so it doesn't come apart when torqued.
NO...I have not ridden one of these kites. With a leading edge that small, I am sure you have to pump it up rock hard.
Back to the Machine.....it works and is really a simple and effective light air kite.