PDA

View Full Version : Riding in Israel

kiteUSF
01-22-2008, 01:28 PM
I am heading to Israel this summer and hope to ride in the region for most of the summer. Has anyone been or heard anything about kiting there? Any information would be great!

ricki
01-22-2008, 01:45 PM
I am heading to Israel this summer and hope to ride in the region for most of the summer. Has anyone been or heard anything about kiting there? Any information would be great!

They're pretty active over there. You might PM BigSmelly and EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY on kiteforum for info about riding there.

kiteUSF
01-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Thanks Rick! I sent them PM's and waiting for replies.

kent
01-24-2008, 10:51 AM
i have raced windsurfers in Israel. I spent about 3-4 weeks there years ago. I remember that Eilot in the South on the Red Sea was fantastic! Great wind, warm water. Jordan on the left and Eqypt on the right. We also spent time in Haifa in the North. We were fortunate to have great conditions there as well. It seems to me that 9's and 10's are probably the norm, but it does get very, very windy as well. You would have to check around, but i bet a quick kite in the Dead Sea would be great. Wear booties and goggles because i'm sure that you would get burned bad. I'm not even sure it's allowed, but if it is, it would me memorable.

Kent

kiteUSF
01-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Thanks Kent. I am currently trying to get in touch with some people who live there or been to Israel. It would def. be pretty crazy to kite in the Dead Sea.