PDA

View Full Version : Some race rules

neil xrated
01-19-2008, 11:59 AM
1. There is a 100% no tolerance rule for kiting in swim areas. Anyone seen in a swim area will be disqualified immediately. No second chances.

2. Every rider must write on their arm my cell phone # and if they drop out or can not finish the first thing they must do is call me immediately so I have you accounted for. (954-647-7228).

3. Stay clear of all piers, give yourself 300 yards of clearance so you have a buffer zone.

4. Beware of inlets, give yourself plenty of room. Inlets are not something to be underestimated. With currents swells and chop become very unorganized and can increase in size. The further out you are at an inlet the better off you normally are.

5. All riders must carry $150 in cash and $1 in quarters. (Bus fare, cab fare and change for phone calls).

6. You must go through the Best checkpoint at Delray Beach. This area will be marked by a Best tent, numerous flags, small one line kites and a Red Bull buoy in the surf. All riders have to approach the beach at this point and either come in or ride close to shore around the buoy and identify themselves to officials. If you do not identify yourself you will not be considered finished. Any rider not passing through the checkpoint by 1 pm must retire at that point.

7. You must enter through the 2 large Red Bull buoys through the finish line and you are officially finished when hitting the beach. If you do not pass through the buoys at the finish you will have to go back out and return through them to officially finish.