PDA

View Full Version : where to fly

ksnap
05-28-2005, 06:56 AM
hello,

i live in the bay area and would like to find some places to fly my flexi power kite. i really hope to eventually learn to kite surf, but first i would like to get good w/ the kite on its own. i have tried to fly at various beaches but crowding makes this dangerous and i was once chased off a beach around maimi for flying. where are the kite friendly beaches. I see on the news that people have places to buggy so land kiting has to be good somewhere down here.

thanks
kevin

ksnap
05-28-2005, 06:56 AM
hello,

i live in the bay area and would like to find some places to fly my flexi power kite. i really hope to eventually learn to kite surf, but first i would like to get good w/ the kite on its own. i have tried to fly at various beaches but crowding makes this dangerous and i was once chased off a beach around maimi for flying. where are the kite friendly beaches. I see on the news that people have places to buggy so land kiting has to be good somewhere down here.

thanks
kevin

Eagle
06-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Kevin,

Check out Treasure Island in St Pete, the original "kite beach".

You will find kites of all types here, usually on Sundays, when the kite club meets.
This is one of the largest beaches in Pinellas, plenty of room to buggy, landboard, etc..

The "Big Beach" at Fort Desoto park is another large beach, often less crowded than the others.

Eagle

Eagle
06-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Kevin,

Check out Treasure Island in St Pete, the original "kite beach".

You will find kites of all types here, usually on Sundays, when the kite club meets.
This is one of the largest beaches in Pinellas, plenty of room to buggy, landboard, etc..

The "Big Beach" at Fort Desoto park is another large beach, often less crowded than the others.

Eagle