PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know???

CShackRyde
01-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Roberto Villate. Thinking about using him for a newby lesson. Any thoughts.....

BigR
01-04-2008, 11:49 AM
He is an excellent instructor, highly recommended

JoshTaylor
01-04-2008, 05:10 PM
i'd reccomend triton kiteboarding.

Matt Sexton - 203-918-6637

Danimal8199
01-05-2008, 01:19 PM
I'll teach you everything I know about kiteboarding for 50 bucks an hour....

it will only take 30 minutes though!

Danimal8199
04-21-2008, 01:55 PM
www.watersportswest.com

they have great instructors and take you to one of the safest areas to learn

Kamikazi
04-21-2008, 07:00 PM
I think the queston was does any one know Roberto. 1 answer an everyone else start to drive the new rider to someone else (your favorites). Like Big R said, Roberto is an excelent instructor. Very well known and recomend. Quit hating!

Paz
Jaime

Tom Stock
04-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Roberto has been teaching longer than many of the instructors in this area (except for one or two who have not been mentioned). He teaches all over the world... Vietnam, Brazil, etc, and was teaching wind surfing long before he started kiting. As far as I know he's never had an accident with a student, and he is a decent patient guy and spends a lot of time discussing safety.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him for lessons.

Danimal8199
04-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Don't be so sensitive on a public forum :)

I think the queston was does any one know Roberto. 1 answer an everyone else start to drive the new rider to someone else (your favorites). Like Big R said, Roberto is an excelent instructor. Very well known and recomend. Quit hating!

Paz
Jaime

The actual question was not does anyone know him, it was actually "Any thoughs"

Roberto Villate. Thinking about using him for a newby lesson. Any thoughts.....

Danny

kite-4-life
04-23-2008, 07:55 AM
The lady who posted, removed her post because Roberto asked her to-so it doesn't hurt his "business". I heard her and her husband's story, and it was not a good experience at all for them-her main concerns were safety and professionalism.

After 3 seasons of problems from 1 individual, a lot of us are tired of it.
Roberto, please straighten up your act and work on your beach-side friendly factor, or find another place to teach.(Michigan? Keys? SPI?) oops:(

This season has been monumental for cooperation among 98% of local instructors and schools, and working together has allowed more students to learn safely and quickly than ever before. We hope this trend continues for many seasons to come.
Kite safe friendly kiters;)

Steve-O
04-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Yes...I must admit it is cool to see that a strong majority of the instructors are working together as one large team to create safe kiters and do it in a timely manner.

People want to get out there, and if the learning process gets drawn out, they are gonna get out there anyway....training or not.

Sounds corny but I am going to say it anyway.....

T ogether
E veryone
A chieves
M ore

Tom Stock
04-23-2008, 08:56 AM
The lady who posted, removed her post because Roberto asked her to-so it doesn't hurt his "business". I heard her and her husband's story, and it was not a good experience at all for them-her main concerns were safety and professionalism.

After 3 seasons of problems from 1 individual, a lot of us are tired of it.
Roberto, please straighten up your act and work on your beach-side friendly factor, or find another place to teach.(Michigan? Keys? SPI?) oops:(

I would not consider that post professional.

Actually Roberto offered to explain his perspective on the forum in response and they declined and removed their post.

Short version, he spent 3 days doing lessons with them, and then they decided the sport wasn't for them because the wife got nervous. He told them they still had to pay for the time he spent with them (no surprise here) and they disagreed.

Optionryder420
04-23-2008, 10:28 AM
You definitely asked the wrong place about Roberto.

I know you all recall the mistreatment that was dished out towards Roberto.
I remember his car getting keyed by some other kiters, I also remember all the disrespect he used to get from other instructors. It's one of the few reasons why I no longer kite.

I'm guessing kite4life or whatever is Steve, and I can still see he's a little bitch about Roberto. If I remember correctly, the two largest instigators last time there were problems with Roberto, were Steve and Bryan Eagle. I remember them being the two prime suspects for the keying of the car, along with other problems that they forced upon Roberto. It came as no surprise that he's already flinging shit on this thread about Roberto.

Roberto is definitely a stand up guy, which is much better than I can say for a few other instructors in the area.

You'll learn that in this area, there are a few GREAT guys to go out to the beach and kite with, but unfortunately I feel that the ass holes far outnumber the guys that are fun to kite with.

Danimal8199
04-23-2008, 10:28 AM
I would say that we should not post about "what happened, or didn't" since we have no documented story for the other readers of the forum.

Its evident Steve S. heard one thing, Tom heard another, yet no one on here actually knows what either of you two heard, so how am I supposed to know what to think???

or anyone else reading this for that matter?

Does someone have the scoop?

Tom Stock
04-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Quoting Roberto:

I don't know if you saw the message that someone posted complaining, but FYI it boils down to this:
husband wife team who took 3 lessons elsewhere and still had to have remedial training, it was clear that no safety or self rescue etc learned at the "school" in Mexico.

Wind for our lessons was light but hubby doing OK starting to get up and ride - when I yelled a few times so the husband could hear me when he kept kite looping the kite on his initial powerstroke the wife apparently had an anxiety attack. When I told her it was her turn she was petrified and would not even touch the bar. Other than observing that she was a bit timid she had done fine with all the other instruction until that point, even thanking me profusely for being so patient and thorough with her.

Off to the side I asked the hubby whats up? and he said that she could not continue...so I asked him if he wanted to go again and he said no. When we went to shore I said sorry I still have to collect the fee, and that's when they got the attitude.

Altogether I spent 2 whole days - 2 sessions at East Beach and 1 session at Big Beach - so I felt it was justifiable to demand the fee.

Just in case you were curious...

Not really seeing why this is such an issue for some people.

Skyway Scott
04-23-2008, 10:59 AM
I agree with you 100% Danimal. This is he said/she said bitch gossip and serves no purpose on here.
It's an issue Tom (and you know why) 'cuz some people just have a hard-on for Roberto and feel it necessary to air it in public.
The slightest hint of dirt and they are on it.

Guess what? I don't like everyone either. You don't see me hopping on saying "I heard".
I just say to their face, "get the fuc.k away from me and stay there".
I can't even express to you how much this sh.it pisses me off. Same thing happens every year. Someone makes some b.s. claim toward Roberto.
If Roberto is so bad, file complaints with PASA, IKO or whatever bubble gum agency oversees kiting instructors.
You guys wanting to "nail him", do it and stop posting gossip on here.

The reason I defend Roberto so aggressively is that this could be me getting attacked on here. Someone better defend my a.s.s when some posts
"I heard Scott did this or that". It's b.s. and has no right on here.

kite-4-life
04-23-2008, 11:12 AM
I agree my initial post was slightly unprofessional Tom. But the truth.
Now I am keying cars? Nice 1.
Keep on bashing me fellas, you can expect a full report after I am finished working today.
have a nice day!

Tom Stock
04-23-2008, 11:18 AM
What time? I'm going to pop up some popcorn and watch.

Skyway Scott
04-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Bashing you? You started this B.S., Steve. You did four years ago as well and the truth is that your actions led to Tom having to close his forum.

4 years later I am helping you and not holding a grudge.
4 years later and you still go after Roberto. Think about it, and get a grip.

Any moderator with a brain would close and trash this thread right now. In addition, a good moderator would suspend Steve for at least a week.
It's not cool that anyone can hop on here and say "I heard". What a load of crap.
It's that simple. I am SICK of supposed leaders attempting to fuc.k over others. It's what holds this kiting community back.

ricki
04-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Guys, I am all for free productive communication. Somethings may elude easy resolution. At the same time, these issues have been raised before and with consequences for a lot of people. I don't feel any good will be served by renewing the destruction today, certainly not here.

I think we need to take a time out on this issue to cool off. To help in that regard I have locked this thread. It would be good to stay off this topic in other threads to avoid inflaming tempers further and kicking other blunt and regrettable censorship into gear. Freedom has a price, mutual respect and restraint, let's use it, ok?