PDA

View Full Version : 24 hr. update

kent
01-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Hi all,

Have checked every weather site I think there is and talked extensively to Jeremy up in Jupiter with local knowledge and it seems as if this weekend will not work. First of all the further North you go the lighter the winds get but more importantly they are straight East.
A few weeks ago Jeremy tried to run the first portion of the race on an East wind and came to the conclusion that it is a very much of an upwind tack (more than a few tacks) to get around the corner and this would for sure not work.
I understand the fact that we may not have as many racers on a week day but we do not want to run a crappy race, we deal with mother nature, we can have the best organization and athletes in the world but if mother nature does not permit we all look stupid. Trust me I want to run this more than anyone but will not do it just for the sake of it and have 100 people flying their biggest kites and dogging downwind for 60 miles after tacking upwind for a couple of hours. This is not the race as planed, a minimum of 15 knots (not 15 dropping to 10, but 15+) and not upwind.
Be patient all and lets do it right. Even if it is a weekday, it is only a 1 day event, most kiters can get 1 day off for an epic day.
We will role over to next weekend and if that does not permit we will go with the next available day.

Cheers Neil

kent
01-04-2008, 10:34 AM
bummer. it would have been tough on the legs pinching for that long anyway.

we have some riders coming to miami to do some practice races anyway. we will have 3 round trip races and keep the scores from each race. a rider will be able to discard their worst race and low points wins.

all 3 will start from Matheson and finish at the same location.

course #1: start at matheson race around the mark of the north channel into the grove and back to matheson.

course #2: start at matheson race around the channel marker indicating the southern most channel at stiltsville and back to matheson.

course #3. start at matheson race around soldier cay and back.

I will diagram each course and post later. we will have a riders meeting at matheson at 10:30 with racing starting at 11. we will look at the wind and possibly shorten some courses.

this is free and totally unofficial.

For now i have the following riders that will be attending:
Damien leroy
John Modica
Kent Marinkovic
Todd Greaux
Josh Noe
Garry "the body" Menk

I can tell you that these races will not be fun on a twin tip. if you have a surf board bring it. any questions e-mail me at kent@npusa.com or call 305-218-8461