PDA

View Full Version : LOST BOARD- Aggression Red White and Blue

kuds
12-16-2007, 03:01 PM
I lost my board offshore around Upham Beach today around noon. Aggression 128 x 28 with liquid force pads and jimmy lewis fins. Red, white, and blue. It may wash up around Pass a grille. My name and number is on the board. Beers on me if you find it.

Bruce
813 355 1539

Skyway Scott
12-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Tiffany lost her board too (unless she found it much later).

I almost lost mine. I am gotta get a Go-Joe for my board.
They may look a little dumb, but it's better than losing a 650 board (Aggressions are 900 these days). The current was pretty strong today and chop was heavy. Makes losing a board VERY easy.

bayflite
12-16-2007, 04:42 PM
i was pissed at myself today (when i almost lost my board) for not installing the go joe.
luckily the tide was comming in.
body dragging for somthing you can't see gets frustrating real quick.
if you don't have a go joe, i find it way easier to get into shore and on your way in look back for a marker as a refrence point where you first lost it.
once you get to shore you have a much better vantage point.
when you spot the board don't take your eye off it.
get way upwind of the board before you start to drag back out to it.
if anyone wants to rent a go joe i'll hook you up.
bryan
l8r

Skyway Scott
12-16-2007, 04:58 PM
They are a no-brainer idea.
It's also a no brainer (well, maybe just my opinion) that no one/so few use one because they care more about how they look than how it works.

Bayflite, can I get one soon?
Today was the last downwinder I am doing without one. In light winds and seas it's no big deal. But in serious wind and waves/chop, it's just too easy to lose your board.
It really has nothing to do with body dragging ability (I can do that). If you can't see it, you just can't find it!!
It actually held me back a ton on what I wanted to do today because I knew if I got more than 30 feet away from my board, it was history (current was ripping and chop was high). I would have never found it. My board is also dark, no handle and low profile.

I looked for Tiffany's board only minutes after she lost it.
I looked for quite a while. Never found it.
With a Go Jo on it, I am confident I could have seen it 150 yards away.

Erick
12-16-2007, 05:05 PM
I almost lost mine too but my baby came back to daddy. I got to thank Toby for let me borrow his Mako so that i could go and look for my board.

Steve-O
12-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Heads up on the Go Jo. Purchased two at the shop to try out. Both broke. the brace that attaches to the board is flimsy. The inflatable has a sleeve that wraps around the brace. If they made the brace a bit stronger, that thing would be great.....but like I said, both of them broke only after 1 or 2 sessions using them.

Anyone else have this experience?

We saw Tiffany's board and informed her of the location. Long story, but I think she found it.

Big G
12-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Bayflite, thanks for the lift back to my car at IRB. After getting my gear I hit the BS which was not as knarley as the Gulf. Couple people were packing so I got a launch and rode alone for an hour and half or so....

Wind was still very strong coming over PG and but it went very well considereing I had not ridden since Halloween Bash at Matanzas.

Good ride over all, just fighting wind burn face.

bayflite
12-16-2007, 05:16 PM
its real easy to install wrong.
the linch pin is the small pieace of webbing hanging from the strut.
the webbing has to go under the handle.
right toby.
peace

Wolfie
12-16-2007, 05:32 PM
As of when I left, there was a missing board at North Beach as well. (I'm sure it will be posted later if it was not found). Bad day for boards.
I must say, the waves at North beach were bettert than I have ever seen...Clean and tall. Best spot just south of the sandbar of the pass, about 4-500 yards out. I think I really learned to kite-SURF today on my S. Phatty. A few more days like that and I will have to buy a surf board of some type!

bayflite
12-16-2007, 06:05 PM
gary
no prob
glad to hear you made it back out bro.

Steve-O
12-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Bayflite,

I have heard that before, and it is possible that I installed them wrong. I will definately give them one more chance as I too think they are excellent for days like today.

Skyway Scott
12-16-2007, 06:59 PM
I can't resist. This isn't an EK pimp.
Buy your GJ from anyone but them.
I just think this is funny. ;)

http://www.extremekiteskiteboarding.com/viewtopic.php?t=378&highlight=joe

Chad085
12-16-2007, 07:58 PM
I was checking out Gulfster.com just now and there is a headline KITEBOARD FOUND ON REDINGTON BEACH EMAIL WITH DETAILS with a link on the home page. So if you lost a board u might want to check it out and email those guys, and maybe your baby can get returned to its daddy

C. Moore
12-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Chad disregard PM. More than likely Tiff's board.

BigR
12-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Wolfie wrote:
A few more days like that and I will have to buy a surf board of some type!

HEY! get your own!

what da heck are ya doing on a S. Phatty in those waves?

the watering hole ( North Beach ) always delivers. glad I stayed!

Scott, next time call me so I know to stick it out cause I felt like kiters would never come to launch/land. hey , I even got a windsurfer to help land me

Wolfie
12-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Glad you stayed as well...next time I will call. That new board looked hot, how is it in the surf?

JoshTaylor
12-16-2007, 08:36 PM
My brother found a board.

but it is not a Agression.. sorry.

it's a liquid force...

BigR
12-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Scott:

its actually a 5- 9 x 18 x 2.125 quad fin squash tail setup

it is an upwind machine, on waves is very slashy / turny, yet the quad fins
really hold the edge extremely well

I was on a 9m which was slightly overpowered for the directional but the 132 custom twintip could easily hold that much power or more. I suspect it was 25 gusting a little more.

I'm used to 3 straps but I think I can easily adjust to 2 straps ( mostly gybe , switch feet ). I think most people would just go toeside.

Comparing it to the flat rocker thin railed 5-5 directional I would ride before, I would say much more fun! more upwind, WAY MORE SURFBOARD LIKE! it gets thru any whitewater or faces easy and accelerates straight downwind ( this is important ) onto a wave without stalling.

Need some more wave time on it to really comment on it compared to the 132 TT I normally go in waves with, I think the possibillties are there.........

I was gifted it from here

http://www.northpacificsurfboards.com/surfb_kite.shtml

seems like alotta people in the Gorge are using these from what I saw over there

I think it might even be more fun strapless, I'll try that next

toby wilson
12-16-2007, 09:14 PM
I almost lost mine too but my baby came back to daddy. I got to thank Toby for let me borrow his Mako so that i could go and look for my board.

No problem Mex, I was glad to be able to help out!

its real easy to install wrong.
the linch pin is the small pieace of webbing hanging from the strut.
the webbing has to go under the handle.
right toby.
peace

Damn straight, I did the same thing Scott. Installed it wrong and the plastic attachment piece broke. Bayflite, I still need to get a new piece if you have any or can get any from O/R. Go-Joe's are GREAT on a day like today tho!!!

amber
12-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Here's one of Alex and Josh perfecting their "tow at's". Many more will follow on the website in a couple days. LOTS of editing needed b/c of the haziness and crappy back-lighting. I'll see what i can do...

zenlikeme
12-17-2007, 08:02 AM
This was a freakin equipment loosin weekend apparently. Stupid current... and overhead swells. Well, I was about 400 yards offshore at TI and my toes grabbed the top of some massive swell and my board stuck to it. Seemed like every tack I made bodydragging only increased our seperation. Until I lost site all together. Dragged back to shore to borrow a my friends board. Went out looking for it but still couldn't find it. It's a Liquid Force Drop and it actually has my number on it but I think it may be easy to overlook. I've actually had it returned once before by the rangers at desoto. Hoping another good samaratin finds it. Though it doesn't look promising......

While my friend was running down the beach to bring me his board and help me, some douchebag stole his new Best harness and bar and lines. I can accept loosing my board. I actually wasn't even that upset. Too stoked from a day of wind finally. And I was boosting bigger than I ever had before. But this is straight up shitty!! Shoulda known better than to leave his gear unwatched on that beach but still. It's F'd up!!

Fortunately, even after a sad ending, we were both just so happy to finally have some dang wind!!!

Skyway Scott
12-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Maybe Josh found it?

My brother found a board.

but it is not a Agression.. sorry.

it's a liquid force...

That sucks that people stole stuff. That's not that common for this area.
Thieves suck.

zenlikeme
12-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Thanks Scott. I pm'd Josh. Apparently his brother found it late at night on mad beach which would fit. Keepin my fingers crossed!!

ANd yes.. Thieves do Suck!

Skyway Scott
12-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Sweet! Props to Josh and his brother.

Big G
12-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Toby,
That Mako you have is a true rescue board! Last season I used it to go back out into the Gulf and located my board the I had lost. Thanks to you and your board, I recovered my UG FLX152!

You should paint it Red and put a cross on it...maybe even
add a yellow beacon.

Thanks again for you help that day.

Big G

kuds
12-18-2007, 08:27 PM
My board was found by a visiting tourist at Pass a Grille. The man was nice enough to hold on to it for me and he noticed my name and number on it today. I will be getting it back tomorrow as an early Christmas present-possibly just in time for the next front. Thanks for everyone's support and good luck to the others that lost their boards on Sunday.

Bruce

Skyway Scott
12-19-2007, 07:16 AM
Awesome.

It obviously pays to put your name and number on your boards.
NICE :)

toby wilson
12-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Toby,
That Mako you have is a true rescue board! Last season I used it to go back out into the Gulf and located my board the I had lost. Thanks to you and your board, I recovered my UG FLX152!

You should paint it Red and put a cross on it...maybe even
add a yellow beacon.

Thanks again for you help that day.

Big G

Yeah, that is why I ended up splurging to buy the wakestyle Mako (134) when I already had the longer Mako (150). Those boards rock! And props to Bayflite for getting them for me from Ocean Rodeo!!!

Gotta thank you too Gary...and also Paul Lum for the WAY you lost both of your boards that day...

I had equipment failure when I broke my Chicken Loop and my BRAND NEW 16M Slingshot Octane was off to the races, tumbling downwind in the Gulf of Mexico on a VERY rough day (I was riding suicide). Gary and Paul BOTH came to make sure I was okay, then BOLTED for my kite to try and save it. They both lost their boards in the rough surf as they tried to recover my lost kite. PROPS to you both for trying to help a bro in need!!! That, to me was the definition of selflessness...