PDA

View Full Version : Looking for fun local Naples, Ft Myers riders.

JCM
12-11-2007, 02:56 AM
My name is JC, and I'll be visiting Naples, Florida from Jan 3rd till the 8th 2008.

I took my first lesson one year ago in Argentina. Then moved to Kyoto, Japan where I've been kitting for the past 6 months about twice a month in a frigid lake (Lake Biwa, No fun in the winter).

The guys down here are extremely friendly and that's all I really know about the kitesurfing / boarding community. Not sure how the scene is in the states. Are most riders loaners like surfers or is there more of a community spirit to outsiders and beginners / intermediate riders?

Anyway, if someone would like to show me to some good spots and maybe offshore beaches I'll be more than happy to pay for the gas and any other expenses.

Grew up traveling the world, but last 15 years (prior to this Japan trip) I spent in Texas. I’m 32, and looking to move to Naples Florida in the next year.

Look forward to meeting some cool locals.

latino
12-11-2007, 06:03 AM
jcm:

In Naples or sw Florida we are a kite boarding community
Please contact me for more info where to ride in sw Florida
Fort Myers to Marco Island

JCM
12-13-2007, 07:37 PM
While on the subject, how popular is it to take a boat to a deserted beach and kitesurf? Any of you guys do this often?

Also I have a 2004 23' Malibu XTI and will be looking into converting it for salt water use. Any advice on the subject? Will this boat fair well in the bay area waves?

Later