PDA

View Full Version : Jupiter Race Update - 24 Hr. - Impt. News

ricki
12-08-2007, 09:09 AM
This just in from Neil:

"Good morning all,
I have been looking at every site out there and have to say that the Jupiter race is going to be on hold until next weekend. All of the forecasters are now showing the same winds, light in Jupiter, Marginal to good in Fort Lauderdale and windy in the keys. Tomorrow is only the first possible day for racing and I feel with all of yours and mine positive energy lets be patient and wait for the right winds. This is our second year and we now have a reputation to hold.

We will go into a holding pattern with the next possible start next weekend. I will try my very best to hold this race on a weekend but after our X-mas beak if we get into mid January we might have to go with the first available given day of wind. This is SE Florida's season so I do not think we will be waiting that long.

Tonight is the opening party to the race and Evolve, this will be the last time to register for the race and have all of your paperwork in. We will also be having a riders meeting at approximately 7.30 pm discusing such things as the starting sequence, check points and various strict rules. We will also be showing some of the latest kite DVD's throughout the night.

So no need for so much of an early night but there is a possible "plan B" if you check out FKSA.ORG. This will be an unofficial fun race for riders to experience the start and fine tune there equipment if the wind permits. More on that this evening.
See you there all and have a great day. Cheers Neil"