PDA

View Full Version : Ss Rev Demo

Steve-O
10-01-2007, 09:28 PM
SS REV's arrived today. We will be setting up a demo as soon as possible. Triton Kiteboarding has a quiver as well and are always happy to demo their gear.

With all of the crazy winds lately, I have to say I am glad to see a company is addressing some of the safety concerns with SLE kite design.

I will be looking for a weekend, solid winds, and will post date and location soon. Likely East Beach will be the call.

Be safe.
Steve-O
WSW

Sean B
10-02-2007, 02:41 PM
Awesome! I graduate in a couple months, so you know what that means......a new quiver!!! :D Out with the old and in with the new.

Unimog Bob
10-02-2007, 06:41 PM
You know what, Sorry, just in a bad mood. Mama said if you can't say something nice don't say anything.

TritonKiteboarding
10-03-2007, 08:53 AM
These kite's are insanely fast, with solid power, and the best safety system i've ridden yet. Enough bar pressure to feel the kite all the way through the most technical tricks and 800 lb test front lines to make sure you come down from event the most insane loops.

Relaunch like a bow kite, fly like a C, safety like a fifth line, can't beat that.
Contact www.TritonKiteboarding.com for demo. These kites will be on demo throughout this month.

Danimal8199
10-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Correct me if I a wrong but one of the biggest safety features of this kite is that the safety leash attachement point is below the bar.

If I am correct this makes it easier to connect your leash and lets you spin and flip and whatever without having your leash tangled around your bar, yet still be hooked up correctly.

I think that the Blade control system has something similar.

popeye
10-03-2007, 12:21 PM
?? I didn't think there was anything else available these days? Non-spinning bars died a year ago (or so I thought).

Are other companies still selling those old non-spinner bars? I always used a 5th line that went through the bar... self rigged using q-line.

Danimal8199
10-03-2007, 01:38 PM
From my limited experience for me to correctly hook-up my safety leash to my o-ring on my center line, I have to stretch my leash all the way up and out. This gets in the way when doing certain things. The same for people who have to hook their leash to an Oh-Sh!t line.

The rev hooks below the bar, I guess more like a 5th line, but then again i've never examined the control bar for a 5th line kite.

Steve-O
10-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Currently we are planning the demo for the new REV's from SS on Sunday at East Beach. Hopefully the forecast will hold. Will keep you posted on the details.

Steve-O

Tony
10-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Steve - O:

Look forward to the Demo. I should be out there on Sunday. I hope it rips enough to try a 9M. I need to get one for the quiver.

Erick
10-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Steve O,

I would like to fly one of those Rev's. Hopefully it's going to be windy this weekend.

Sean B
10-04-2007, 01:51 PM
*crosses fingers*

It should be. Ikite just strengthened their forecast considerably and, although some question the validity of their real-time wind readings, I find their forecasts are usually pretty accurate. My back is better, my knee is improving...and I'm ready to ride! Let's hope it holds....

Steve-O
10-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Alright, so Sunday will be the day for the demo at East Beach. I plan to be there early just in case the winds are going off in the morning for those that want to try the 9M. I won't have all sizes, but certainly a good range for the winds that day. Matt will have his there as well, so should be plenty of kites to go around.

I will let you know if anything changes, so check back here for updates as Sunday approaches.

Have a great weekend,
Steve-O

Steve-O
10-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Forecast for tomorrow looks a bit depressing at the moment. Should be a beautiful day however.

Still plan to be at East Beach with some REV's. Will plan to do another one in the near future as well.

Have a great Sunday!!!
Steve-O