PDA

View Full Version : Saturday, Sunday????

shogun1204
09-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Going to be in town this weekend, looks like you guys might be getting some wind!!!! Any one up for a some DP at East Beach on Sunday???? Heck ImightSurf.com is saying we might get some Afternoon wind on Saturday too!!!!!! I will be bring the camera to take pictures for my site!

I am working on doing a Huge Update to my site! Going to be completely Flash Based, so it should look pretty professional after I am done.....Just need to figure out how to program in Flash now!!! HA!!!!!

Calling out Josh T, and Alex F to throw down some sick moves for the camera this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://fksa.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

Oh yeah Calling out Young Adam also! I need to see his weak backroll that he keeps bragging about!!!!! LOL

Skyway Scott
09-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Just get the 30 day free trial of CS3. It makes FLash and Dreamweaver (web site) pretty seamless. :)

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/web/trial/?promoid=RVMD

shogun1204
09-26-2007, 11:09 AM
I am using MarcoMedia Studio which includles Flash 8 Studio and Dreamweaver 8. I would love to have CS3, anyone have a full version they can uhhh....lend me forever?

Skyway Scott
09-26-2007, 11:27 AM
I might get CS3 before too long.

bryanleighty
09-26-2007, 11:49 AM
after the crappy-ass last couple of nights I truly dont trust the skyway meter (again)..
we will see.. things that far off could get pushed back 2 or 3 days.. i really hope it does hit us this weekend. i know a lot of locals have not been able to get some good riding in .. last weeks Mon-Tues nights were really great tho..

i spent a long time working in flash5.. got really good at action scripts and all that.. made a number of custom scrolling photo bars, etc.. ive since forgot it all.. :)

popeye
09-26-2007, 12:28 PM
It seems accurate but half an hour late.

bryanleighty
09-26-2007, 12:56 PM
more in reference to its "forecast" dependability..
:)

Skyway Scott
09-26-2007, 01:09 PM
If I could, I would go to St. Augustine this weekend.
Seems like a much better bet.
Plus, Matanzas going out is just unreal, it really is.
They are also going to have a lot of demo kites out there as well.

bryanleighty
09-27-2007, 09:49 AM
wow.. ikite is showing nuking Sunday and Monday..
i am feeling a little .. cough cough.. cold coming on.. might not be able to make it to work ..cough cough.. monday..

inferno
09-27-2007, 09:55 AM
a couple wraps of ducktape on my foot and i might be good to go :)

Skyway Scott
09-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Yeah. Sunday (and Mon) looks good (on paper anyway).
S.A. is gonna nuke. Wish I could go and visit. :(

bryanleighty
09-27-2007, 01:55 PM
ya.. and they've got all the new kites out for demo..

oh well..

My girlfriend is moving in this weekend.. gotta empty out her appt. Would consider going over just for Sunday but thats just too far of a drive considering we are looking at some great conditions ourselves..

besides... I personally am not a huge fan of coast kiting.. its a hell of a lot more brutal to the body and requires a ton more focus than what we get out on the Bay.

from the local forecast it might be 7m riding for some of Sunday and Monday..

yowza.

Sunday might be a great downwinder from Gandy to Skyway..!!

shogun1204
09-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Thats funny, it's amazing how spoiled we can get ridding on Flat water!Scott and I where talking about the same thing not too long ago about how nice it is. Up in PC about 75% of the ridding is all Gulf Coast ridding. When the wind is blowing in the 20's the waves can be 4 to 8 feet up here on average. When I first got up here I was just getting creamed in the waves, and fighting to stay up wind. Now its pretty easy because I have gotten so used to it. Now I can use the excuse that my freestyle sucks because I am used to wave ridding!!! (Too bad it sucked before that)!

Skyway Scott
09-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Yeah. To me the primary advantage to riding St. Pete is ease of use. Every wind direction is within 5 minutes of my house and none of the spots have any real current, so a down winder (although fun) is far from necessary to have fun.
I just got back from riding for a couple of hours.
It took me 5 minutes to get to the beach, a few to rig and BAM.... riding :) . Because the current is so weak here on most days (strong NWs on second day,excluded), I can ride by myself and have an awesome time holding ground (jumping at will) and coming back to where I started.

In St. Augustine, the current was strong enough that just holding ground could be a challenge on a lot of days along the beach. I personally like the waves much better than this flat/choppy stuff, and was really looking forward to riding waves in S.A.
BUT, if you weren't planning a D/W with a buddy, many times riding in the waves/current was sort of a drag cuz it wasn't always easy to come back from where you started, or at least, not jump at will.
That limited my ability to just "show and go" without planning the D/W, driving one guy's car upwind, etc. On days we did do downwinders, man... they just smoked what we do here, no comparison. Real waves :)

Matanzas allows for butter flat water on the inside, waves on the outside, and a "conveyor belt" to carry you upwind to ride the waves when the tide is nuking out. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it's pretty epic.