PDA

View Full Version : happiness is meso high

The Kite House
09-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Xmas came early yesterday....will have pictures to add to this....have only seen this a few times, did not know what it was, clean clean wind at about 35-40mph
i rode the omega 9 and the convert 9, holly jumping, was going 60+ on some, felt like when i was snow kiting, you had to fly the kite once you where that high up. The crazy thing was we kept the sun most of the time, but was blowing its head off. My friend at Noaa sent me this

Bill South at Noaa key west:

It was associated with a mesohigh, or a small scale high pressure system, caused by widespread convection over the Florida Straits. In most instances with mesohighs, there will be a brief 3-5 hour increase in winds, before the mesohigh dissipates, and winds are driven by large scale, or synoptic scale, pressure systems. In this case, the mesohigh was unusually strong, with higher winds lasting about 6-8 hours. Attached are the observations from Sand Key Light in atachment.

look at the graph, what a ride....will get those photos from the guy today.

ricki
09-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Lucky guys! Looking forward to checking out the photos.

You may have had strong unexpected wind in clear sky's but we did better than that here! We had ... uh, WE HAD... RAIN, monsoonal quantities of the stuff with no steady wind to screw up the shower, uh so there.

ricki
09-28-2007, 05:20 AM
http://www.fksa.org/albums/album284/Kite1_1.jpg

Here is a shot of his incredible meso high session with a new kite. Hey Paul, tell us about this.