PDA

View Full Version : Bonita Springs for vacation

kitebunny
09-25-2007, 01:23 AM
Hey,

Im from germany and Im a beginner in kitesurfing. I´ll come to Bonita Springs (between Fort Myers and Naples) at the end of october. Can anybody tell me how the wind is there at this time and where I can find good spots?

Thanks
Britta

ricki
09-25-2007, 06:33 AM
The wind should come through pretty well in cold fronts, say from around 12 to 20 mph. You generally want winds from the NNW to W to S in the area. When it is from the east you may want to drive north to Sanibel Island or even across to the east coast of Florida. You can checkout historical winds at *

Latino should be able to fill you in on more specifics of launches.

* http://www.ikitesurf.com/windAndWhere.iws?siteID=315&archiveMonth=11&archiveYear=2006&archiveSearch=Go&Isection=Wind+Archive&regionID=114&geographicalAreaID=

More about area conditions at:

http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=2982

kitebunny
09-25-2007, 08:01 AM
Thank you! Well maybe I can find somebody to go with me on the water cause I´m a beginner and dont know how good it is to go by myself. Kinda risky I guess ;). I cant start and land the kite by myself so I think it would be helpful to have someone.

ricki
09-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Hello Britta,

I am sorry that I missed that in your original post. I would try to hook up with Latino for some ideas about where folks might be riding. I trust you have been through adequate pro instruction at this point, correct? You may need to drive a bit further up to Sanibel/Ft. Myers or south to Naples/Marco to reliably hook up with some riders. I believe there are folks that ride in the Bonita Springs area but they may or may not monitor this site.

Have a good trip!

kitebunny
09-25-2007, 01:23 PM
That would be really nice. Yes, I had lessons. I took lessons when I was at the beach in germany 5 * 2 hours. I can ride a little bit, have my kiteboarding card and know the safeties of course. Well it would be great if I could find somebody to go to the beach with me. Safer you know!
Thanks