PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Tampa

Francis
09-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Hi Florida Kiters:

I am from Southern California and will be attending a trade show in Tampa the week of October 15th. My time is somewhat limted, but would like to get some kiting in. Can someone suggest a few locations that are not too far from Tampa that I can squeeze in a few hours of kiteboarding on a few days? I will have a rental car. Please provide details on where these locations are at so I can find them on the map. I have been kiting for 5 years and like to ride flat water as well as surf. Also let me know if there are local rules and hazards I need to know. What are wind like in October? Will a 12M kite work? What time of day are the winds good?

Thanks in advance for your help, and if any of you come to So Cal, let me know and I will hook you up.

Take care
Francis

Skyway Scott
09-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Francis,

I would keep your eyes open for our "Let's Ride" section.
The wind here can come from any direction at any speed, basically.
So, your question is exceptionally open ended. If possible, I would be ready for any winds between 12 and 35 from any possible direction, because that's all we can predict this far out.

As time draws more near, many of us chatter about forecasts and where we will ride in the Lets Ride section.