PDA

View Full Version : Sunday and Monday?!

Kev
09-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Looks like it there could be a few more good days at East Beach. Anybody going out???

Tonight
Southeast winds around 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. Scattered showers and thunderstorms.
Sunday
East winds around 15 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. Scattered showers and thunderstorms.
Sunday Night
East winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. Scattered showers and thunderstorms.
Monday
East winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. Scattered showers and thunderstorms.
Monday Night
East winds around 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. Scattered showers and thunderstorms.
Tuesday
East winds around 10 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Scattered showers and thunderstorms.
Tuesday Night
East winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Isolated showers and thunderstorms.
Wednesday And Thursday
Southeast winds around 10 knots. Seas 2 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Scattered showers and thunderstorms.

Unimog Bob
09-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Kev,
Any chance of you going out of town Mon and Tues? I was thinking of taking some time off work and would really like to ride. I was at the SW this AM as the sensor showed mid teens, but got there to find nothing, I must have just missed you.

Bob

Kev
09-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Yep - you probably did just miss me. But I am going out of town from tuesday to friday so you may have a good chance this week.

Unimog Bob
09-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Cool!

just kidding man. Does anyone think it might bump up as the sunsets? Scott is busy this week end so the magic weather man is unavailable? Big R whatcha think, you called Friday on the money.

Bob

Unimog Bob
09-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Wow, just checked doppler. Hold on to your hat. Maybe it will still blow on the backside of the showers.

Bob

bigairal
09-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Hey bob i might be around....give me a call if you are going...

Skyway Scott
09-23-2007, 05:00 PM
I'd guess Monday Night, Tuesday morning and especially Tuesday late as the sun sets will all be good. :)

A-Bomb
09-24-2007, 05:47 AM
Looks good right now! Mon. AM.

Kev
09-24-2007, 07:37 AM
yeah - 16 - 19 now. I wonder how long that will stay? The forecast is down to about 11. I think I'm going to save myself the drive. Too many little things to do around here today anyway. I'll be curious to hear if it turns out to be good today.

Skyway Scott
09-24-2007, 08:33 AM
It is definitely blowing, stuff is getting blown around in my yard.

BigR
09-24-2007, 08:55 AM
Who the heck coulda forecast this????????

missed it entirely :mad: :confused:

inferno
09-24-2007, 09:22 AM
dont fret BigR, i missed it to :)

btw do i still have the DP title, or has it been taken from me?????

BigR
09-24-2007, 09:33 AM
btw do i still have the DP title, or has it been taken from me

It's cumulative

Get well soon bro'

inferno
09-24-2007, 09:41 AM
im looking forward to our lowtide SSW DP's...

i remember a few last year that we were litt on our 9m kites in butter flat water...

good times

Skyway Scott
09-24-2007, 10:00 AM
I think you still have about 100 DPs to go just to tie BigR, Zack and I. :)
We had quite a head start on you and use to show up an awful lot.

I stopped doing them last year, because it seems like getting there pre-sunrise doesn't have nearly the dividends it did 5 to 7 years ago. Too many days of it dying out and being lame, compared to in the past.

The strength and consistency of the E winds as the sun goes down has been the better bet the last couple of seasons.
Interesting how patterns change over time.

inferno
09-24-2007, 10:11 AM
I think you still have about 100 DPs to go just to tie BigR, Zack and I. :)
We had quite a head start on you and use to show up an awful lot.

I stopped doing them last year, because it seems like getting there pre-sunrise doesn't have nearly the dividends it did 5 to 7 years ago. Too many days of it dying out and being lame, compared to in the past.

not true for the 9-5ers :) and those with kids, its DP or take up a different sport.....

<jason
09-24-2007, 12:51 PM
This is starting to get out of hand...at least for me. Its like getting to the end of the rainbow only to realize...its just cornflakes...dead on saturday and sunday, go off on monday wtf?!#@ it seems all to familliar even after only 6months......stamp collecting, now thats a sport :p

BigR
09-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Did you really think getting into this sport that Mother Nature would be subservient to your wishes?

It is the other way around.......

bryanleighty
09-24-2007, 01:52 PM
This is starting to get out of hand...at least for me. Its like getting to the end of the rainbow only to realize...its just cornflakes...dead on saturday and sunday, go off on monday wtf?!#@ it seems all to familliar even after only 6months......stamp collecting, now thats a sport :p

welcome to a little place called "reality"..

nothing as shitty as being at work to watch it going off on the sensors..
my job is cool with me taking off early or going in late.. so i get a bit of leeway..
still.. if its kicking in around noon i am out of luck.

DP and evening sessions .. i am there.

<jason
09-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Now now little R, no need to get mean....im not some kook new guy to wind and waves. Ive been windsurfing and surfing for 25 years. I know her all to well doesnt mean shes any easier to deal with when i have other obligations...

popeye
09-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Stamp collecting is lame compared to XTREME model railroading.

60 N-Scale boxcars being pulled by a hopped up SD-80 up a 2% grade.

Whoooeeee.

You shoulda seen it dude. Sick is all I can say.

<jason
09-24-2007, 04:00 PM
I dont think we can touch that man...( Your Crazy ) i cant go much farther than artfull decorated paper footballs...

Kev
09-24-2007, 06:58 PM
So did anyone happen to pick up my Aggression board today? I left it when I left the beach. If you do have it could you pass it off to Randy?
Thanks,
Kevin

Unimog Bob
09-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Big Al has it. He'll post about it later.

Kev
09-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Awesome! Thanks Bob. I'll be in Minneapolis for the rest of this week so I don't need it right away and I can catch up with him soon.
Thanks again. We ride with such a great group of guys!!

Roadancer
09-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Was out Monday morning at east beach. Wind blowing, no one there at 9am. Learned that launching your own kite in that has some drawbacks, almost got my ass handed to me in a very minor kitemare.

Anyone going to East Beach in the morning, let me know. I'm not doing the alone thing again till I get more practice under my belt.

-Roadie

Looks like it there could be a few more good days at East Beach. Anybody going out???

Monday

popeye
09-24-2007, 09:37 PM
So did anyone happen to pick up my Aggression board today? I left it when I left the beach. If you do have it could you pass it off to Randy?
Thanks,
Kevin

Actually it was handed off. Big Al have it to um...Bryan Leighty to somehow get to you. I think Bryan was going to call Scott for your number.

Kev
09-24-2007, 10:08 PM
that's cool too. My number is on the bottom of the board but here it is too. 813-713-6210.

Skyway Scott
09-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Just to cover my butt on my wind prediction (that fell through) for tonight.
Kevin showed up... that nullifies any positive outlook on wind. (Unreal Kev, you showed up tonight on an East that was 20 and it died within 15 minutes... wtf!!)
We gotta figure out something and fast to get rid of this unbelievable curse of yours. It's not fair for it to happen to one of the nicest kiters we have.

bryanleighty
09-25-2007, 04:58 AM
ya Kev I've got your board..
if i see scott before I see you I'll hand it off to him as he gets out on the water more often than myself..
I pm'd you my phone number in case you need to get it back earlier.

-b