PDA

View Full Version : SUP's in Ft. Lauderdale?

flkiter
09-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Just looking to to see if anyone else is stand up paddling in the Ft. Lauderdale area. I've been hitting up Commercial pier, Sunrise bridge area if there's no wind, and if it's choppy on the beach then I've been paddling in the inter coastal water ways. I'd like to see how much water ways I can hit up before the kite season starts up again.

ricki
09-12-2007, 03:15 PM
I haven't seen anyone doing standup down there to date. That doesn't mean there aren't guys with gear that do it on occasion. You do standup the ICW? More power to you and watch those oysters and the wacko powerboaters! There is only one guy that I have seen at times off Delray to date. The sport is still young it seems.

ricki
09-20-2007, 08:16 AM
Finally got a board, sort of. Have to spend some more time on it to get used to it. Hope to see you around on the water.

flkiter
09-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Hey Rick,
Which board did you get? I've been using the Jimmy Lewis 11. Going to go pick up a C4 board today and see how that rides.

ricki
09-20-2007, 10:16 AM
An Uli, the board is inflatable! Given my lousy surfing skills (without a kite), I wasn't having a lot of luck with the normal sized standup boards. Needed something a bit larger to get me used to stand up. Also, I have too many large boards already. This one stores in a bag. It is built like a Zodiac and is stiff as a board. Hope it will get me on to regular glass boards soon enough.