PDA

View Full Version : The Season Coming Up?

ricki
09-09-2007, 09:29 PM
What sort of events would folks like to see in Florida in the coming season?

sling5ben
09-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Free style or wave events.

C. Moore
09-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Speed runs, huge down wind race, and a poker run. Maybe we should put an event together that features all three.

stacey
09-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Long distance endurance stuff, like hundreds of miles.

Course racing, like out in SF at the US Nationals.

And for freestyle events, make them in a flat water location!!

Hey, isn't it about time for a Tampa race announcement? :) Are you guys planning on doing one of those?

It's too bad events are so much work to plan ... I personally have no idea how to go about planning one ... logistics, permits, liabilities, etc. We have an idea for a 150 mile race from Miami to Key West with our team rider Sean Reyngoudt to benefit perhaps amputees returning from the service overseas (like in January), and also possibly a fundraiser for Linda Bauman (wife of a Florida kiter injured in a fall at the cable park who is currently in a coma) ... maybe something like Tania did for Kite4Cancer in the Gorge, but where do you even START?

inferno
09-13-2007, 11:43 AM
i think what ever event is held should be used to benifit others, it should be mandatory that to enter the event (in addition to the normally required fees) the rider should bring some sort of donation, either some type of food item to be distributed to shelters/homeless, or another good idea is a stuffed animal that will be given to kids at shriners hospital......

or for the local scenes, a portion of proceeds can be donated to the state parks that we ride at.....

C. Moore
09-13-2007, 01:04 PM
We were talking of doing a fun run 30 mile Down Winder and have it for March of Dime or Childrens Hospital.

Skyway Scott
09-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Just an idea. You know how they have 10k runs and 5k, and even a walk at the weekend foot races?

30 miles is a lot for a lot of riders. Is it possible to have a 10 miler and a 30 miler both ending at the same spot?
I bet you'd get even more people that way. Some are just intimidated by 30 miles (it is pretty far). Danny for instance. He couldn't go 30 miles, but I am sure he would like to do a ten miler. ;)

inferno
09-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Just an idea. You know how they have 10k runs and 5k, and even a walk at the weekend foot races?

30 miles is a lot for a lot of riders. Is it possible to have a 10 miler and a 30 miler both ending at the same spot?
I bet you'd get even more people that way. Some are just intimidated by 30 miles (it is pretty far). Danny for instance. He couldn't go 30 miles, but I am sure he would like to do a ten miler. ;)

:confused:

C. Moore
09-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Maybe we can have people who have perticipated in past events give thier opinion, instead of creating a stir in the community and then leaving people high and dry at the finish line.

Just my observation.