PDA

View Full Version : Usf Kitesurfing Club!!

kiteUSF
09-09-2007, 10:36 AM
My name is Chase Kosterlitz and I am a st. pete area rider. I worked with Matt Sexton @ Eckerd last year and now I have started the club over at USF. This year is going to be an exciting one with the establishment of the College Kite League. The first of its kind. Stay tuned as we work out the details and sponsorships. As of now I am trying to get the club up and running. If anyone has ANYTHING, old kites, boards, harnesses ect......I can give you a tax write off on your donation. Basically we will be using the gear for club members to use throughout the year. Kiting is an expensive sport as you all know, especially for poor college students. I'm sure you guys can remember those days. If you have any ideas/help/sponsorships for the league, all imput is welcome.We are doing everything we can to make this a huge success. It is only going to help to progress the sport that we all love so much. You can contact me @ chasekosterlitz@hotmail.com.

Chedder
09-09-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm in. Tampa campus. I sent you an email. Thanks for getting it going.

jaco
09-09-2007, 04:56 PM
i just applied to USF! looking to maybe go there in 2008. stuck between USF and penn state.

kiwiar2000
09-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Usf Beat Auburn, A Ranked Team?!!!
And Cane's Aren't Ranked?!

Sean B
09-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Look out for USF's new football program. They're getting better year by year. I'm hoping it gets to the point where local athletes will decide to go to usf rather than some of the other colleges in the state. Sure as hell would make our team stronger. There's a lot of talent in this area.

Chase-
I can probably work out something for club tshirts to help with marketing the club. My buddy's family has a shirt-printing business we have utilized in the past for various things. It would be cheap and it could help get the word out. We all go to usf and we all walk around campus. I think people would notice them.

Todd RT
09-10-2007, 07:39 AM
My wife and I are USF alumni. I'm new to Kiting so I don't have any extra equipment (or extra $$ now!!) but if I can ever help. Lemme know!

GO BULLS!!!! HA HA Auburn!!!

The Kite House
09-10-2007, 08:44 AM
I can give you c kites and also you can spek with me or nick, we have helped before and we can show you how to get kites.....let me know

aloha Paul

TritonKiteboarding
09-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Eckerds gonna wipe you out, first event window starts in october. Gonna be held in St. Pete, by Eckerd and TritonKiteboarding College Students email tritonkiteboarding@yahoo.com for registration in the tour.

BigR
09-10-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm sure USF kiting will wipe out Auburn kiting as well!

LOL!

BigR
09-10-2007, 09:49 AM
first event window starts in october. Gonna be held in St. Pete, by Eckerd and TritonKiteboarding College Students email tritonkiteboarding@yahoo.com for registration in the tour

Hey Matt,

I thought the race series was for all kiters???

or did you change it to only students?

R

Sean B
09-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Eckerds gonna wipe you out

Cool. :cool:

Thanks to all those willing to help the club get on it's feet. We are truly grateful! :) Should be a lot of fun once it's up-n-runnin'.

TritonKiteboarding
09-10-2007, 02:52 PM
We're gonna host course races as many windy sunday mornings as possible since that will be a time where most people can make it out. The tampa bay races will be open to all riders. The Collegiate Kiteboarding Tour will have three disciplines, boarder-x, course race, and freestyle expression session.

There will be five events throughout the year culminating in a repeat key west event. These events are primarily for College Students but Rollover entries will be open to locals and with enough locals interested we will host two boarder-x's one for college riders and one for general entry.
-www.tritonkiteboarding.com

TritonKiteboarding
09-10-2007, 02:54 PM
details will be given further in near future.

Chedder
09-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Eckerds gonna wipe you out, first event window starts in october. Gonna be held in St. Pete, by Eckerd and TritonKiteboarding College Students email tritonkiteboarding@yahoo.com for registration in the tour.

OHHH, That's how it's gonna be Eckerd. We'll that may be true against me since I still kiteboard in cloth diapers with a rattle. Give me a handicap or I'll unhook you, shove my rattle in your spreader bar, and drop the dipes in front of you. I hope Chase is really good so we can prevent that. Still, I'll be stoked to represent the University of South Florida Bulls.

Sean B
09-10-2007, 10:20 PM
No worries chedder. Chase and I will get you guys rippin'.... :) It's gonna be fun!

kiteUSF
09-10-2007, 10:36 PM
My wife and I are USF alumni. I'm new to Kiting so I don't have any extra equipment (or extra $$ now!!) but if I can ever help. Lemme know!

GO BULLS!!!! HA HA Auburn!!!
Yeah we will def. be in touch. Thanks for the support!

ricki
10-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Don't you folks have an event coming up?