PDA

View Full Version : newbie looking for local riders

bdiggs
08-06-2007, 01:52 PM
bought a 16.5 contra and awaiting my harness. i have had instruction on the set up and rigging of the kite want to get out and start bodying dragging. i live in bonita if anyone wants to get together let me know.

ricki
08-20-2007, 08:44 AM
bought a 16.5 contra and awaiting my harness. i have had instruction on the set up and rigging of the kite want to get out and start bodying dragging. i live in bonita if anyone wants to get together let me know.

You need hands on instruction in kiteboarding from a good instructor. Would you go hang gliding if someone simply showed you how to setup your glider? Cliff launch is easy you just run and fall, right? Kiting is similar, take adequate quality pro lessons. It seems far easier than it is in reality. Checkout:
http://fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=85

Lots of guys have been badly hurt who thought they could figure it out on their own, myself included years back.

Skyway Scott
08-20-2007, 10:18 AM
Yeah. I agree. We are definitely a friendly group of guys/gals, that's why we don't want to see you get hurt (possibly badly). A lesson is a very good idea.