PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Today?

Unimog Bob
07-30-2007, 05:23 AM
Accuweather and SP Aviation weather are calling for some wind this PM. I'm Taking my gear to work and will bail early if its blowin. I think I'll stop on the way in and light a candle.
Bob

Skyway Scott
07-30-2007, 09:55 AM
I just got back from the doc for that skin cancer wimpass thing on my nose.
It was blowing when I went and it is still blowing.
Storm related (just offshore and a little to our North), but Doppler doesn't look too menacing. I am going to the Undertow to see how it is.
I am thinking it is solid 15 plus from the skycam. Hope it doesn't storm before I get an hour in.

popeye
07-30-2007, 01:40 PM
Well.. the storm passed and it rained... then it started blowing like crazy and it cleared up a bit. I was just trying to skip out of work early when the 2nd wave of rain started a few minutes ago.

Looks like I may get skunked :( I'll be at the backside regardless at around 5:30.

Skyway Scott
07-30-2007, 03:40 PM
It was weird today. Looked windy, but was actually about 12 knots max (at the Undertow). I brought the wrong kite too, the 11m. Luckily that thing has unreal low end, so I actually rode for a couple hours. Then it rained. Wind then picked up momentarily prior to the rain and after it.
Then it died. Russky was out there. I saw Randy (or someone else on a 'roo) riding up near Upham.

All in all better than not riding and fun hanging out.
Not nearly as windy as it looks though. I bet it must be nuking out in the Gulf and throwing up some waves/chop, cuz the waves/chop were really disproportionate to the wind we had out there which made it look windier than it really is.

Maybe that same wind will be here in a couple days (?)
Thanks for letting me try your kite during the storm, Russky. :p

CrazyJay
07-30-2007, 05:44 PM
It is definitely blowing better now than it has in the last 4 weeks. (6:45PM Monday)
Backside of Skyway and beaches should be great! I'd be there if I could walk. Maybe a couple more weeks :0(
Jayson

Stevil Kenevil
07-30-2007, 07:39 PM
TI was fantastic! solid 15-20. I left at 6:30 and it was still blowing good..
Definitely a washing machine out there today.

Skyway Scott
07-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Yeah. It definitely picked up a lot, probably around 4:30 or so (5 mins after I left the beach :( ). BS SW was pretty good. Rode til sunset. About ten riders out there.

JoshTaylor
07-31-2007, 01:05 AM
pass-a-grille was really good. rode for like 3 hours straight. only once was underpowerd.. most the time the lil rain storms kept me litt.

TampaBay Noob
07-31-2007, 08:41 AM
Rode with steve-o from about 1pm-7:30pm jacked on a 12mSB2. Only got rained on for a few minutes. Spent most my time chasing the dolphins around and enjoying the sun. What an awesome day!
-sean

Skyway Scott
07-31-2007, 08:42 AM
Jayson,
Heal up soon. :cool:

inferno
07-31-2007, 08:46 AM
wheres everyone plan on going today if it picks up, i have a new kite and dont want to ride solo the first time on it.....