PDA

View Full Version : I need a manual for a Best Grunt 9M - help

vachot
06-29-2007, 10:01 AM
I just got a 9M Best Grunt and I can't find a copy of the user manual. Anybody help?

bryanleighty
06-29-2007, 12:51 PM
have you kited before?

reason i ask is that a grunt is as simple of a kite as they ever made them.

if you are having issues with this kite, you need to take lessons. an instructor will be happy to help you set you up on your own gear and show you how to properly tune it.

inferno
06-29-2007, 01:20 PM
actually the grunt is a two line kite that is convertable to a fourline kite, so i could understand if it was a little confusing.....
but i dont have a manual...
sorry

vachot
06-30-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm looking for air pressure rating for the bladders; don't want to over-inflate the thing. Or, under-inflate for that matter. Bestkites says they can't help, maybe they would rather I bought a newer kite rather than play with an oldie.
The local shop doesn't want to help because I didn't spend any cash at their store; imagine that! They just say, "you need to buy a new kite, like this Waroo or this Omega". Yeah, I will, but not at their prices, with their attitudes.

As for experience, I took lessons in Cabarette, and then bought a 5M Beamer foil to snowboard with all last winter. Got 'er down pretty good (Damn, ice is hard!)

I'm sure there is some head out there with Grunt experience and tips. I been told it has decent depower for a C, though not like a modern bow. I can figure out tuning it on my 4 line bar.

I figure this is a good place to ask; the point of a forum is sharing what you know, not bashing someone because they don't fly the latest rig.