PDA

View Full Version : WTB - 7m kite

bryanleighty
06-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Want to Borrow(or buy) 7m kite for my trip to Oregon in August.

Would rather borrow if someone has one. Of course would buy it outright if anything happened to it.

Let me know..

thanks!

Bryan

toby wilson
06-28-2007, 02:10 PM
You should just buy one off of ebay or ikite. Chances are pretty slim to none that you are gonna get a loaner in the middle of hurricane season bro...just a thought.

Skyway Scott
06-28-2007, 03:55 PM
I have a kite I call the lil' green machine.
It's an 04 6m Airush Pilot (rides like a 5m). It's exceptionally stable and a pretty good gust muncher (for a C-kite).

It can be flown on a the new waroo bar (what 4 line kite can't be?)
It loves 30 knots, loves 40 even more.
30 dollar rental fee or 260 to buy it (replace it if it gets worked).
It's been flown about 6 times and was featured on the news one time (I was basically riding in 40 on it at the SW and they stopped to film me) Some prolly still remember my thought provoking quote - "when you pull right.. you go right. When you pull left... you go left". Sheer interview genius. :rolleyes:

popeye
06-28-2007, 04:37 PM
I have a 7m fuel one pump you can use... or buy.. maybe.

toby wilson
06-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Well I guess I stand corrected...

Skyway Scott
06-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Isn't that my old kite?

That's a great kite, don't get me wrong, but it'll hand a non C-kiter their a#$ in high winds, imo. I would rather be on a 9m waroo or similar than 7 Fuel in 35 knots.
What winds are u wanting this kite to handle, Brian?

Skyway Scott
06-28-2007, 06:27 PM
This seems like a good deal... maybe (?)

http://www.iwindsurf.com/buysell/classifieds.pl?db=kiteboards&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=38165&query=retrieval&photo_size=full

Skyway Scott
06-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Here's a ripper for 60 knots from Chili's brother....

http://www.iwindsurf.com/buysell/classifieds.pl?db=kiteboards&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=37505&query=retrieval
Oh, btw, I wouldn't want to be on a 9m Waroo in really high wind, that was my point. It might have been misunderstood.

bryanleighty
06-29-2007, 06:38 AM
i'd rather it be a bow style kite..

from what ive been told it can get to the upper 30s really quick in the gorge.

yes i prob should get a 7m waroo in my arsenal but just not looking to buy right now if i dont have to. got so many other $$$ sucking things going on right now. i do have a line on a good deal on a 7m if i need to purchase it.

if nothing is able to work out i am sure i will be ok on my 9m waroo for the most part. i'll be there for 2 weeks .. sure that i'll get my moneys worth of riding.. tickets only cost 380 bucks and my dad lives less than 20 miles from Hood River.

popeye
06-29-2007, 08:37 AM
I think Scott's respect for this kite is mostly due to the fact that he used to ride locked DOWN fully @#$@ powered on his C kites at all times.

I bet this is where his respect for this kite comes from hehehe. The accidental fully powered kite loop. BOOM!

So anyway if you depower it, I can't see it being all that bad unless you loop it in 45. Then you're F@#$@#D.

U can borrow it if you want to, but if you can buy a 9m waroo then do it!

Skyway Scott
06-29-2007, 08:51 AM
I personally think you are ten times safer on the 6m Pilot (more like a 5m) than the 9m Waroo in 35 plus.
I've ridden the lil' green machine in solid 40 and actually wanted more. I can't even get on a plane unless it's blowing 25 on the Pilot.
Meanwhile, solid 35 on that 9 'roo made me very nervous and I can ride in as little as the high teens on it.
I just don't think it is wise to push the waroos way past their sweet spot.
Just my opinion.

Tom, that 7m Fuel has SO much more power than my 6m Pilot, it's actually quite unreal. The Pilot is more like the old GTO kites, it actually spills much of the wind and is very stable. I don't think too many riders without C kite experience could ride the 04 7m in 35 plus. They would get their ass handed to them instantly due to how hard you would have to edge the whole time and you couldn't spill much wind.
Even Kevin got worked on his in 35 at the beach one day and he has been riding C kites for about 6 years. Once it dropped to around 30 he was fine. (It gets pretty windy in the Gorge sometimes, I hear). Better safe than sorry. Maybe you can rent a kite?
I don't know the legality of kite rentals, but this place might do it.

http://www.bigwinds.com/kite/rentals/

bryanleighty
06-29-2007, 09:28 AM
7m ..not 9m..

I know my 9m would be too much once it got into the 30s. ive rode it in high 20s to lower 30s before and I know thats the cusp of insanity.

I have a line on a quality used 7m waroo. I just hate to spend $$$ for something I might use once or twice.

Then again.. it will be something that I'll probably be super glad i picked up when I do have to haul it out.

popeye
06-29-2007, 10:07 AM
You could always buy a 7 and then sell it when you return... you might not even loose $ on it if you get a good deal.

bryanleighty
06-29-2007, 10:55 AM
DONE!

rarely used 2006 7m Waroo purchased.

guy lives 5 min from my Dad in Oregon so I dont even have to deal with shipping.. he is going to drop it off.

popeye
06-29-2007, 11:04 AM
rarely used might give you an indication of what type of wind you will get :(

lol

Skyway Scott
06-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Nah.... I bet it blows. :)

That will be an easy re-sell here locally to a fly weight. No problemo.
Just didn't want to see you get worked in 35 on that 9 'roo.

inferno
06-29-2007, 01:23 PM
you could ride the 7m in solid 20 mph, trust me, i rode the 5m in solid 23-25 at EB

bryanleighty
06-29-2007, 01:41 PM
rarely used might give you an indication of what type of wind you will get :(

lol

checking their wind sensors for aug last year there is pretty good chance that for the 2 weeks i will be there i'll use it a couple times.

and i suspect that i'll keep it. twice this last season I could have used it when I was out overpowered on my 9. plus i expect to do more traveling.

now i just need a golf bag...