PDA

View Full Version : Wherezawind???

wifirewire
06-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Summertime used to be fun in south florida. Diving, Wakeboarding, BBQ's....But since I've tasted kiteboarding (and it tastes GOOD) I just want to know- WHERE THE HELL DO WE GO TO FIND WIND? I'm dying to take a road trip somewhere in the Continental US, any suggestions?

HIGHFLYN
06-21-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm dying to take a road trip somewhere in the Continental US, any suggestions?

Hatteras ;) and if theres no wind, there should at least be some surf, Hell'of a drive though.

Maybe Corpus or Saint Padre (Rick any input?)

I picked up a 17m Waroo and a surfboard to hold me over this summer, So far so good.
I caught a great session last night from 5-7pm 12-13kts. Hope it does it again tonight :)

ricki
06-21-2007, 08:21 AM
OBX, Maryland, Long Island or as Michael suggested, Padre Island/Corpus Christi in the continental USA. If you're up for a real road trip, Northern California or the Gorge may offer strong winds as well. If you are going for a short time do your best to check the forecast as the wind turns off in most places at times despite normal trends. I wouldn't rule out a trip down into the Caribbean to a wind destination, i.e. DR, ABC islands, Margarita, etc..

HIGHFLYN
06-21-2007, 09:45 AM
I wouldn't rule out a trip down into the Caribbean to a wind destination, i.e. DR, ABC islands, Margarita, etc..

Well if it's a road trip and these destinations are in mind, this will be a requirement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEQJ7xDwzHo&feature=PlayList&p=BAF91AB62442CAF7&index=0

Cborges
06-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Summertime used to be fun in south florida. Diving, Wakeboarding, BBQ's....But since I've tasted kiteboarding (and it tastes GOOD) I just want to know- WHERE THE HELL DO WE GO TO FIND WIND? I'm dying to take a road trip somewhere in the Continental US, any suggestions?

I will be happy to hit the road with you...any day...whatta ya say??? OBX??Cali???

wifirewire
06-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Lez Roll...

HIGHFLYN
06-22-2007, 09:25 AM
I've got a full size, quad cab truck that will fit 4 comfortably and would love to kite/surf the OBX

I feel an east coast trip comming on :D