PDA

View Full Version : Billy's pic and slogan ideas for t-shirt

Skyway Scott
05-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Got any? This is a very rough draft. Colors are whack, etc.

toby wilson
05-25-2007, 12:34 PM
We could incorporate Flexi's name with something talking about how our community is sending Billy to "Flexi" his muscles in Cabarete...I know Flexi would like that...Plus if we want Flexifoil recognized, all we have to do is include their logo on the front and maybe something about our area and then put the main logo on the back of the shirt. Also remember this pic??? It definitely pimps Flexi's name and has an AWESOME background might I add...

http://www.epickitesurfing.com/pics/2007/eb242507ap/slides/IMG_0358.html

maybe make the cartoon version of this...

Skyway Scott
05-25-2007, 12:45 PM
Nice. Only reason for cartoon was to get it down to 3 or 4 colors for t-shirt printing.

Nice Pic. I like the Flexi his muscles.
I am gonna wait for a bunch of ideas to pour in, then we will weed thru them.
Thanks Toby.

amber
05-25-2007, 12:47 PM
toby- you took the words right out of my mouth. I love that pic of him. My other idea is to use that pic and write the "slogan" or names or whatever on the bottom of the board (if we don't want to pimp flexi).

bryanleighty
05-25-2007, 12:51 PM
i will try to work on a photo when i get home.. im pretty snazzy w/ photoshop.

i like your idea of the skyway bridge Scott.. i think something showing it in the background is key .. who around here can argue against the fact that most all of their best sessions have been in the foreground of the skyway bridge.

invisible
05-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Got any? This is a very rough draft. Colors are whack, etc.

Argh... no like. I'll see what I can come up with.

Skyway Scott
05-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Less whacked. I just moved this image across my four screens. It looks totally different on all but my "good screen" in terms of colors.
Anyway, just an idea. Just so you guys know, that image is already out there on some hats and stuff. Tiff (and Donna I think) have pink sweaters with that image (minus the SW) embroidered on them. That's another reason I used it. I am just putting some ideas out, not attached to any.

amber
05-25-2007, 01:42 PM
can you add the skyway into the pic i took showing his board? If you or Bryan want to mess around with the photo, i have the original at home (without roy's stamp) that i can email you tonight. I just think its cool cuz its actually him. you can always bring it down to three colors or B & W with photoshop and add effects or whatever. I think it could end up being really cool. Let me know if you want the original and i'll send it to whoever.

Skyway Scott
05-25-2007, 01:47 PM
That cartoon one is actually him, if you didn't know.
I took it last year (maybe 2 years ago?)

I think the SW is good because it's a landmark for our area.
One of him doing a trick would be cool. I we take any pic and not it down to 4 colors, you won't recognize his face, so maybe a cool inverted shot would be good?
Also, you can by iron on stuff and put any graphic you want on it (to not be limited by colors). The thing is, they don't last so long.
My skyway layer sucks, if someone could get a better one....
It was cloudy that day, etc. When I went to do effects to it, it got mangled.

bigairal
05-25-2007, 01:49 PM
We sent billy packing so he could send you packin

amber
05-25-2007, 02:07 PM
I agree that when the details are removed that inverted shots end up looking better. I have a lot more pics of him from that same day that Roy didn't post on the webpage that i can email to someone tonight if they want to mess around. This isn't a shot of billy (its actually Mike Hall) but its the right idea. You can barely see the skyway in the background of this one but it could definitely be layered in.

this is just a rough draft, but something to spark ideas.

bryanleighty
05-25-2007, 02:18 PM
ya.. thats a cool effect Amber.. would probably print nice too..

and 1 color would be very cost efficient to print..

amber
05-25-2007, 02:47 PM
i like it better in the two colors like that scott.
But... i think that a "new" image would be cool and if we're going to incorporate flexi into the slogan, we might as use something we can put "flexi" in. Even if you were to use my image in 2 tones and then add "flexi" on the bottom of the board it might work. Lets keep playing with ideas. i've got more pics at home of him so i'll go thru those and hopefully find something good.

Skyway Scott
05-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Alright. Here's my last one.
I am hung up on the skyway, because it's a landmark.
And also want a kite in the shot, because it's kite boarding. :p

This will be my last submission. Just killing time playing poker and waiting for the wind to pick up.

bryanleighty
05-25-2007, 02:54 PM
The focus is on Bill and FLEXIFOIL.

Screw that!

I'd say just a t-shirt that says "Jayson & friends - Team Rider"

:)

Flexi should be sending him with a first class ticket. Hadlow is their #1 concern and to me, thats sad. Maybe another team will recruit him and give him the backing he needs to make a move to try to become a Professional Rider. Seems like throwing 1000$ to Billy to send him to a PKRA event should be automatic from a big sponser like Flexifoil.

I just think its as cool as hell that everyone pitched in so much and so quickly. Hopefully Jayson has enough to cover the trip by now..

bryanleighty
05-25-2007, 05:07 PM
i took photo of him from the flexifoilusa.com site.. added lines to the photo.. added shadow of the atom2 and got this as an idea..

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=513940383&size=o

could add skyway or something..

its similar to my fav kite shirt that extreme kites used to sell with kiter across the full front of the the tee.

anyone can use what i've done and add more.. please do.. i am far from a graphic designer..

ryboflavn
05-31-2007, 01:50 PM
I think you should use the quote that he has on the Flexifoil Team website...
"Don't believe anything you hear, half of what you see and all in youself!"

Stevil Kenevil
06-01-2007, 07:59 AM
How about something like this?
Parker Airlines- Shred the Friendly Skies!

Erick
06-01-2007, 08:34 AM
was that picture taken at Cypress? LOL

Stevil Kenevil
06-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Yes, I believe its a shot of our missing newbie, shortly before losing his kite....