PDA

View Full Version : Replacing '06 Waroo Front Bridle

TampaBay Noob
05-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Can anyone give me some ideas on how to go about doing this. I need to get back on the water asap!! I'm freakin' out. lol I see on Best's website they offer a replacement front bridle for the '06...here is the link.
http://www.bestkiteboarding.com/Site/Parts
The front bridle costs $40.00 but it appears you would only be receiving one side of the front bridle. Although only one side broke, I want to replace both to be safe. $80.00 seems way too expensive just for some cheap lines without pullies. Is there anything else I can do?? Maybe fabricate one out of dyneema or something?? Help get me back on the water!!!! :)

invisible
05-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Dental floss! There's a bunch of it on clearwater beach.

bryanleighty
05-15-2007, 11:43 AM
you cant just tie old kite lines .. but you can tie Q-power line. see if you can buy a spool online.. you should be able to fabricate the same bridle setup with that. use the non-broken one as a template and be as exact as you possibly can.

TampaBay Noob
05-15-2007, 11:43 AM
that hurts Tom....

Bryan...do you know a decent website online for a spool of q-line?

bryanleighty
05-15-2007, 11:50 AM
also..

hope you didnt get into this sport expecting anything to be cheap.. hahaha..

as a sailboat owner i can say kite gear replacement is CHEAP.. :)

funny that i tried to save money by building my own waroo-style bar instead of buying a 55cm one. and of course, my REAL waroo 45cm bar is the one that breaks and my clunky make-shift one is still in perfect condition and prob has more use.

oh well.. 300$ 300$

:P

TampaBay Noob
05-15-2007, 11:54 AM
yeah yeah...I've invested quite a bit of money in the sport already and I'm sure it will only continue. Just seems like a replacement bridle should be less expensive. NSI has a 500ft spool of Q-line for $128. What to do What to do....

Unimog Bob
05-15-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm sure other places have it, but I saw this guy post on the best forum the other day.
http://xtremebigair.com/stores/showdetl.cfm?&DID=18&Product_ID=893&CATID=10

You might even call WSW and ask if they have 3mm amsteel by the foot.

inferno
05-15-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm sure other places have it, but I saw this guy post on the best forum the other day.
http://xtremebigair.com/stores/showdetl.cfm?&DID=18&Product_ID=893&CATID=10

You might even call WSW and ask if they have 3mm amsteel by the foot.

3mm amsteel is way to thick for the whole front bridle, it works well for the bridle insert though......

TampaBay Noob
05-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Sounds like maybe that spool of q-line is a better option. I wouldn't mind putting a new bridle on my 9m as well, I don't know how much longer that one will last. It would be cheaper to buy the 500ft of q-line and have it for multiple bridles or kite lines etc.... Just a thought.

bigairal
05-15-2007, 12:28 PM
hey if you but the 500 feet of q line i am sure someone else down the road will have to fix the bridles on their kite and they can buy if off you

inferno
05-15-2007, 12:45 PM
where did your bridle break???
why not just replace that one spot????
(did it break where the pulley travels)

BigR
05-15-2007, 01:14 PM
remember that q-line has to be pre-stretched before using it, otherwise you'll find that it has a different measurement once you use it than you originally measured it to

TampaBay Noob
05-15-2007, 01:18 PM
It broke along the section which the pulley travels. The whole thing should be replaced. I'm just going to order a fresh set for my 9m and 16m from Best, they're both over a year old. I'll put a 3mm Amsteel bridle insert in all of the f-a3 lines where the pulley travels and use the old bridles as a test run to make sure I can do it.

inferno
05-15-2007, 02:23 PM
id just put an insert in the current bridle.. but thats just me :)

invisible
05-15-2007, 07:34 PM
I would not use Q-line. It's spectra with a sheath. Once you wear through the sheath it'll break. Also, it's thinner than the bridle lines.

Honesly, I would just get the replacement bridles because your time is worth more than what you are going to spend.

Rinse your pullies and make sure they spin freely EACH TIME before you rig... otherwise they will grind through your bridle in record time.

TampaBay Noob
05-15-2007, 10:09 PM
thanks guys :)