PDA

View Full Version : Wind, wind, and more wind

WindRyder
04-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Wow, what a week for us up here!! Sunday afternoon seabreeze, Monday all day SE, Tuesday seabreeze in the bays, today is already 15-20, and tomorrow is more of the same!! See you guys on the water in just a little while!!!!

Mikey Boh
04-25-2007, 04:32 PM
You're making this landlocked kitesurfer-wannabe jealous! Have any idea what the forecast is like for this weekend? Trying to decide if a roadtrip and lessons are doable. Thanks!

WindRyder
04-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the forecast looks grim for this weekend, aside from a lucky seabreeze. Today will be rocking from the South and state park is already going off. This just might be one of the last fronts that give us this wind for spring. Just get in touch with Wayne at Emeraldcoastkiteboarding.com (850)235-2444, and he will give you the details. Also, check out the site, as it has a couple different wind forecasts on the Local section.

Mikey Boh
04-27-2007, 08:46 AM
Oh well, I guess all good things must come to an end. Just have to hope to get lucky for some good wind whenever I happen to get down next. Thanks for the contact info, maybe the guys at ECKB can give me a heads-up as to decent wind conditions in the future.

LarryCouch
04-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Make sure you check all of the forecasts before you decide to come down. ikitesurf was calling for a week north breeze today, but it blew at the beach in the 15-18mph range! Tomorrow looks to be the same, maybe a little weaker. Plenty of wind to do the beach lesson ... maybe not consistent enough to do the water stuff, imho.

LarryCouch
04-30-2007, 10:15 AM
As typical, the winds look good in the afternoon for the next couple of days. I was lucky enough to get in some riding yesterday at Carl Grey of all places. Had to be at there for some windsurf lessons. Launched from the northern end of the park and was nicely powered on a 13m Instinct. Hope everybody got to ride.