PDA

View Full Version : Is sunday a good day to ride?

kiwiar2000
04-13-2007, 09:49 PM
The forecast predicts 24 knts of wind, however 50% chance of rain...
bummer
-Danny

kabo123
04-14-2007, 09:06 AM
looks good here in marathon, may have to dodge some thunder storms though
________
California Dispensaries (http://dispensaries.org/)

kiwiar2000
04-14-2007, 09:55 AM
today(saturday) looks breezy. Im going out today at Matheson Hammocks.
Sunday 60% precipitation.
hmmmmmmmmm
-Danny

BizGuru
04-14-2007, 01:50 PM
It looks like there is front that is going to roll though sunday. I am going to head to marco in the afternoon, looks like there is some solid west winds behind the storm. anyne interested in riding over PM me.

Freddynmb
04-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Hey, I was pretty sad today, hoping to go out to Hobbie beach today on the afternoon. Unfortunately even though the wind was strong it bring along some nasty T-storm which made us change our mind about going out. I'm planning to go to Marco Island on Wednesday, hopefully the wind will be good. I pretty much know the rules down there, since they've been posted here many times; although, since I've never been there I'd like to know what's the best place for parking, I'm sure you guys know the ways around the island. If the wind is not so good, it'll be great to do a downwinder, is that a possibility down there? I'd appreciate any feedback.
Thanks in advance and if anybody is interested on coming along we'll be probably leaving from the Hollywood area on Wednesday morning, so let me know. Lets just hope for the wind, I really need a good session!
Freddy

BizGuru
04-16-2007, 08:22 AM
There really is only one parking lot. I made two funditmental mistakes the first time I went there that I didn't read about in the posts. First even at high tide you can cross the lagoon no prob (I walked around around). There is a good place to cross shown on the map. It is about chest high and high tide. Second. Set up your kites in this area. The rest of the beach there can get very thin at high tide, especially with strong winds. Last time I went there we set up at low tide and it was about 5 feet across at high tide and we had to move all our gear.

BigR
04-16-2007, 09:52 AM
<<<<I'm planning to go to Marco Island on Wednesday,>>>>

Why would you think Wednesday is gonna be windy??

I don't think that marco is really suited at all for downwinders either, Oh it is a real pretty park anyways