PDA

View Full Version : Quite worried

kiwiar2000
03-31-2007, 10:12 PM
Today at Matheson Hammocks, I was helping out a beginner(the guy with the blue nemesis), from getting away from the deep water of the channel. He let the kite drag him excessively and was in deep water sooner than you thought. I (with the yellow 13 meter yarga) managed to get myself to shallow water by upwind body dragging for 15 minutes non stop from trying to get a hold of him.
The poor dude disinflated his kite and managed to get ashore near the mangroves.
Anybody saw this?
Hope he's okay.....
-Danny

juandia
04-04-2007, 04:21 PM
hahahaa sounds like my dumb ass. With barely enough wind, and a board way too small, I managed to stall my kite in the channel, invert it... lose my board, and no way to relaunch the kite... luckily I didn't have to battle through the mangroves, my ass ended up in someone's backyard... after some fisherman were gracious enough to grab my board and bring it to me, I realized that I was covered in blood. So I did what he did, packed up the kite, and started walkin my ass back (at that point I was wondering why I refused to wear shoes) ... luckily for me everyone was cool, I even managed to get a ride home..... just thought I would share

kiwiar2000
04-04-2007, 06:31 PM
You were the one with the blue kite right?
Man, I was worried bro! Like, I didnt want to let go of you and your face was like giving me the creeps when you were getting dragged. And I know how the feeling is, that happened to me when I was a beginner. I learned my lesson to go waaaaaaaay upwind when the wind is coming from the East or Northeast.
Hope everythings good with you. And I would get a fifth line to relaunch the kite.
later,
Danny