PDA

View Full Version : when the summer winds die......dont go crazy

The Kite House
03-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Just a reminder to enjoy the wind now in good ole florida, but make plans for the summer........check it.... http://www.thekitehouse.com/brazil.htm

your kites pumped up, meals, ride a different spot...put it on the list, windy every day and lots of fun.

Just a reminder from someone else who goes crazy july , august and september.....

Aloha Paul

ricki
03-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Good advice, right out of the Florida Kiter Summer Survival Guide.** Try to fit in a good wind destination trip to give you something to look forward to and dampen the wind lust that might drag you out into storms of summer around here. Doesn't all that great wind blow through about a 120 mile section of coast in NE Brazil? Must be a ton of variety in riding areas there.

No light wind worries this week here though!

Sounds like fun!

** http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=500

WindRyder
03-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Hey, Paul. I just submitted a request for info for Brazil. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Linda

The Kite House
03-22-2007, 12:21 PM
I sent you a reply back, most of the info is on the site under Brazil. I will make a bunch of trips myself, all the dates are listed, i just want to chill , been a long season and i am getting used to my 10 meter, so i want it to continue!

We also give you a complete travel kit when you book with calander, lugage tags and travel info from when you leave the usa, right till we pick you up at the airport. Also we sort the visa with you, as since the usa charges brazilians 100$ to come here, they do to us. Its good for 5 years though.
Remember, this is a trip also for lazy kiters like me, who enjoy having everthing pimped out and done for you...i mean its a vaction.

Enjoy this wind and get ready for more, we are going to have a fun summer.....and why not for like 110.00 a day for everything.....

aloha

Paul

WindRyder
03-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Hey, Paul, this is Linda (swasian04). Fully perused the website, and I am chatting with the guys to pin them down to it. Look forward to the trip. Thanks a million!!

RbGar
03-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Come on up to Rhode Island, we get good 20knt seabreezes almost everyday. Newport and Block Island are very cool, RI is a kick ass little state for watersports! Except it's cold and crappy now.

WindRyder
03-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Too cold up there!!! This Florida orange is freezing in temps below 75 degrees!!!! I live too far north as it is, I need to move south!!!

RbGar
03-22-2007, 03:35 PM
Yes it's cold but just check out the waves we had here last weekend!!!!!! It was sick as it gets.

http://www.surfline.com/surfnews/photo_bamp.cfm?id=8384

WindRyder
03-22-2007, 03:37 PM
That's awesome!!! I wouldn't know what to do in that kind of surf, besides jibe and ride the other way....if at all possible!!

RbGar
03-26-2007, 08:26 AM
We also have this too, come on summer!

ricki
03-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Excellent shots, thanks for passing them along. That first swell photo is incredible. The one with the houses under snow in the background is ironic as well.