PDA

View Full Version : Quiver questiosn

highroller
03-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Guys,

I have a question ... I am at 190 pounds and I am currently considering a Waroo 07. For the kind of winds that we have in Miami should I go with a 13 or an 11 .... I would eventually like to use this kite to travel ... if I were to buy a second kite am I better of starting with the 13 or the 11 ???

... just wondering your thoughts on this .... I normally like to ride with a nice amount of power so I am leaning towards the 13 but I am afraid of not being able to use it to travel or wen its really windy ... any thoughts on this?

kabo123
03-02-2007, 05:57 PM
I don't know much about the waroos but my personal 2 kite quiver would be a 14 contra, and a 10 switchblade2. I weigh about the same as you and started out with a 16 and a 12 switchblade, then i added a 9 for my wife. With the new low end of the contra I dont need the big kite anymore and the 10 covers my high end. Maybe the waroo well be the same

good luck

kevin
________
WetAfrodita (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/WetAfrodita/)

admin
03-03-2007, 04:59 AM
Guys,

I have a question ... I am at 190 pounds and I am currently considering a Waroo 07. For the kind of winds that we have in Miami should I go with a 13 or an 11 .... I would eventually like to use this kite to travel ... if I were to buy a second kite am I better of starting with the 13 or the 11 ???

... just wondering your thoughts on this .... I normally like to ride with a nice amount of power so I am leaning towards the 13 but I am afraid of not being able to use it to travel or wen its really windy ... any thoughts on this?

I am around your weight and usually try to have something around 13 to 14 m in a flat kite as my largest kite. Different flat kites can have different low end characteristics though. My Contra 14 m covers the low end pretty well, particularly with tuning on the pigtails and varying board size (two choices as a rule). I have little time on the standard Waroos but notice in Delray that guys usually have a fairly complete quiver of three or more kites. I do know a bit about the Waroo Pro which may have a slightly different range than the standard Waroos. I have an 11 m, thought about getting a 13 m instead. If I didn't already have the 14 m Contra, probably would have. The 11 m warms up to 18 mph and goes off in the low 20's. . The 13 m Waroo Pro has a ton of grunt in lower winds. It felt like a there was more than a 2 m size difference between the two in low end power.

So, short version, you probably need at least two sizes, say a 13 m and perhaps a 9 m. There will be days when an 11 would be better but that means buying more kites. If you are trying to limit to one kite initially, it comes down to what normal wind range you plan to be in. Maybe Stacey can provide some input on your question.

highroller
03-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Thanks a lot for the replies ... I am thinking to do the 13 and then look at a 9 for higher winds ....