PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Diesel 2 Demo

Steve-O
02-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Hello again guys and gals. Neil from Slingshot is sending me two TD2 kites for demo. We are getting an 11M and 14M. I may be busy this weekend with lessons, however, I will make arrangements for these kites to be available to demo on Sunday. These kites are not available for release until sometime in March or April, but this will give you a sneak peak into the latest kite technology from Slingshot. I will post details as we get closer to the weekend. Thanks and have a great rest of the week.

Steve-O
WSW

inferno
02-27-2007, 08:47 PM
any chance youll have them by thurs???

Steve-O
02-28-2007, 07:40 AM
I will be receiving them today (Wed). Again, I likely will be teaching, but may be able to make some arrangements to get them to an accessible location. Thoughts of a location for Thurs?

toby wilson
02-28-2007, 11:36 AM
So does the "2" in TD2 stand for twice the bar pressure as the original TD???

inferno
02-28-2007, 11:54 AM
that toby.... he's such a funny guy.... :)

wind should be outta the S, so im guessing EB will be the place...

toby wilson
02-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Naw, I love SS. They are a great company and I have flown their kites for the last year. The TD was just a disappointment for me, hopefully the TD2 will have addressed all of the issues...

invisible
02-28-2007, 02:30 PM
Totally Disappointed 2... the sequel...

Steve-O
02-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Nuf said. Slingshot has struggled with a reliable bow design. New designer on board with this kite. We'll see. I will keep you posted on location.

We'll shoot for East Beach on Thurs/Fri if the tide cooperates. I need enough water to get my boat around for the lessons. Another option is Matt from Eckerd may be able to monitor the demo of these kites on East Beach in my absence.

CrazyJay
02-28-2007, 04:27 PM
If you can get them to me I will demo them out at EB Thursday.
Jay

Steve-O
02-28-2007, 08:54 PM
I will be at East Beach all day tomorrow with the TD2's. See you out there.
I may be in the water teaching lessons, but feel free to take one out. They will be set up near my truck. (Green Rodeo)

Later,
Steve-O

Skyway Scott
03-01-2007, 06:08 AM
Lucky dogs! Donna just took my truck and all the kiting stuff so she could ride today. She is in school for the next couple of years, so when not in class, it's study time or ride time.

I am glad to have a job (better than going broke), but I think I preferred working at night :mad:

Same old deal, at 11 the switch is gonna get hit. Have a good time and if someone could help Donna launch/land, that'd be great.

shogun1204
03-01-2007, 07:13 AM
I wish I could come out to try one. Whoever rides one, if you could post a review that would be awesome! I hope SS gets there $hit together, and this kite is freaking awesome for there sake.

Steve-O
03-04-2007, 12:05 AM
There are about 20 riders heading out to 3-rooker Sunday. Decided to keep the kites and give a bunch of folks from new to experienced a chance to run these kites through the paces. Will try to hold on to them for another week.

A great run of wind we have been having.

Have fun and be safe.

PS. Great job on the website Roy.

bayflite
03-04-2007, 08:54 AM
when iz the hemi comming out