PDA

View Full Version : Solo Kitesurfing Trip

highroller
02-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Hey guys ... need some advice ... it seems like I am switching jobs and I need to burn two weeks vacation before I leave or I lose them. I am planning on doing a solo trip kitesurfing the first week of March .... whats a good place to go solo for the price, wind and fun???

Cabarete?????

admin
02-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Hey guys ... need some advice ... it seems like I am switching jobs and I need to burn two weeks vacation before I leave or I lose them. I am planning on doing a solo trip kitesurfing the first week of March .... whats a good place to go solo for the price, wind and fun???

Cabarete?????

What are you looking for in terms of likely wind range, waves (good, a little or none), shoreside amenities and probability of wind? Where have you already been in the Caribbean?

MonkeyClicker
02-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Personally, I would head to Key West . It has probably the most consistent wind this time of year. Some good night life too.

highroller
02-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Key West ????better than Cabarete this time of year .. really?? wow I wasn't expecting that

C. Moore
02-15-2007, 12:02 PM
I will be leaving for Cabarete next Friday (Feb 23th -March 8th)and will post the conditions if I get a chance. Along with my experiences with travel and cost.

ricki
02-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Key West ????better than Cabarete this time of year .. really?? wow I wasn't expecting that

They have wind records for both areas available online through ikitesurf. Check 'em out and see how they are doing. KW is pretty good this time of year though.

Have fun in the DR Chris!